Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Maldon now 312th of the 315.
Screenshot_20210317-091324.png

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Borderline good news - both myself and Mrs. P have now had our first doses of Astra Zeneca.

I had mine last week and, apart from feeling a little "groggy" afterwards, nothing else. Mrs. P. unfortunately has gone the other way and was up for most of the night talking on the porcelain telephone and is now in bed feeling rough. For some reason my reassurance to her that the official NHS information states that 1 in 10 may experience this reaction and that James Gallagher, the BBC Health and science correspondent, has this very day described that he had this level of reaction on the BBC website, hasn't helped.

I assume that some of you may have had the same experience, any words of comfort as to how long it lasts? Usual warm drink and paracetamol is being administered.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Borderline good news - both myself and Mrs. P have now had our first doses of Astra Zeneca.

I had mine last week and, apart from feeling a little "groggy" afterwards, nothing else. Mrs. P. unfortunately has gone the other way and was up for most of the night talking on the porcelain telephone and is now in bed feeling rough. For some reason my reassurance to her that the official NHS information states that 1 in 10 may experience this reaction and that James Gallagher, the BBC Health and science correspondent, has this very day described that he had this level of reaction on the BBC website, hasn't helped.

I assume that some of you may have had the same experience, any words of comfort as to how long it lasts? Usual warm drink and paracetamol is being administered.

My mum had a similar reaction to it, couple of days later was feeling ok again.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just got back from Brighton Center for my first jab - AstraZeneca.

I have to say, it was superbly organised in there, and apart from having to wait 10 minutes outside because I was a few minutes early, the whole process was very quick.

Big shout out to all those volunteers and NHS staff working there. Bloody well done.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I had a flu-like reaction but no vomiting, did feel nauseous though. Mine lasted for two days and then a third day of feeling knackered from lack of sleep.

Hope Mrs. P feels better soon :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I would also appreciate words of comfort as I am also experiencing side effects. Fortunately not been sick or from the other end but high temperature and very sore skin and groggy. It is well worth it though, we will beat this blasted disease and a few days of discomfort is a price worth paying.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

I had the same as your wife. Not nice really, but necessary I guess.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can I suggest any 'side effects' discussions go into the Vaccination thread ?? Not particularly great for anyone waiting to be jabbed to have read when they're looking in here for uplifting stuff :thumbsup:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I had the same as your wife. Not nice really, but necessary I guess.

Now i'm sure I remember seeing some stats from the testing phase which showed that these symptoms do happen, but having no symptoms at all is much more common. I couldn't find the data, but could someone back me up on this point? cheers

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just a reminder there is a thread about vaccine side effects on the COVID forum ..so maybe anyone needing to chat (understandable) about a reaction could post there.

Just to balance recent posts ..my sister (diabetic)...brother in law (heart condition) ..ex sister in law (Alzheimer’s) and ex wife (ex wife) have had no reaction/side effects ..hope that helps anyone concerned.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1372186765088415745[/TWEET]

I believe that's the 2nd highest day we've had, think the surge is just beginning.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Interesting. My parents and in laws both had Astra Zeneca, my Dad and father in law were absolutely fine but my Mum and mother in law felt quite unwell for a day or two after. Apparently when they've spoken to their friends who have also had AZ, most of the females reacted worse to it than the males.

Keeping the thread on track though, they were both back to themselves within 2 days so hopefully Mrs P will be soon.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just got back from Brighton Center for my first jab - AstraZeneca.

I have to say, it was superbly organised in there, and apart from having to wait 10 minutes outside because I was a few minutes early, the whole process was very quick.

Big shout out to all those volunteers and NHS staff working there. Bloody well done.

Sorry. Can't let that error go. CENTRE.

The queue at the Brighton Centre was huge earlier. I have mine there next week. Do they want me at the back ofthe queue at my alloted time or the front?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sorry. Can't let that error go. CENTRE.

The queue at the Brighton Centre was huge earlier. I have mine there next week. Do they want me at the back ofthe queue at my alloted time or the front?

Can I blame vaccine side effects for my appalling spelling error? :lolol:

My appointment was 10:15 and I got there about 10 o'clock, and the queue was back to the bottom of West Street. But as soon as the queue started moving I was pretty much straight in and I was jabbed and out again by 10:30.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Daily numbers update. Most notable number perhaps remains the number in hospital - it's continuing to plummet at twice the rate of admissions (ie for every 500 going in, 1000 are coming out).

Infections - 5,758, rolling 7 day down 1.2% (1.57m tests)
Deaths - 141, down 29.9%
Admissions - 465, rolling 7 day down 25.1%
Vaccinations - 433k first and 96k second, cumulative 24.8m & 1.67m
People in hospital - 7,218 (reminder - peak was just under 40,000)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Daily numbers update. Most notable number perhaps remains the number in hospital - it's continuing to plummet at twice the rate of admissions (ie for every 500 going in, 1000 are coming out).

Infections - 5,758, rolling 7 day down 1.2% (1.57m tests)
Deaths - 141, down 29.9%
Admissions - 465, rolling 7 day down 25.1%
Vaccinations - 433k first and 96k second, cumulative 24.8m & 1.67m
People in hospital - 7,218 (reminder - peak was just under 40,000)

Cumulative vacc numbers weren't updates - should read :

First dose: 25,273,226

Second dose: 1,759,445

Plus :

Covid Fact Check UK
@fact_covid
Matt Hancock’s revealed details of @PHE_uk analysis of real-world data.

A single dose provides this protection:

60% against getting COVID
80% against hospitalisation
85% against death

You’ve a 30% lower risk of contracting COVID if you live with someone who’s been vaccinated.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here