Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Not sure it's good news for us but it raised a titter from me. This will be the case for all New Yorkers from midnight tonight

time in.jpg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Harvey Weinstein's contracted the coronavirus. Now he's being kept in isolation not just for his own protection but for the protection of the other inmates

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now he's being kept in isolation not just for his own protection but for the protection of the other inmates
Did they accidentally send him to a woman's prison?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well Done Germany!

“Germany's infection curve may be flattening - health chief
There are signs Germany's infection curve - reflecting rise in the number of cases - may be becoming less steep, according to the head of the country’s public health institute.” BBC

Seems they are breaking the back of Covid-19 over in the motherland. Good work.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well Done Germany!

“Germany's infection curve may be flattening - health chief
There are signs Germany's infection curve - reflecting rise in the number of cases - may be becoming less steep, according to the head of the country’s public health institute.” BBC

Seems they are breaking the back of Covid-19 over in the motherland. Good work.

Edit: Sorry, didnt see it was the "Good news" thread.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have never seen the Sussex Sky so blue and cloud/trail free as yesterday.
Just sat down up at my plot having finished planting my spuds and carrots.... Yes, beautiful and good for the planet!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Lots of drug trials now underway, including at Oxford University, where double-blind trials are being undertaken on patients with various existing drugs, and quinine based drugs are being administered as prophylactics.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
presume that from now on there will be some language changes too - everyone in the UK going to be sending out resumes from now on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Now that China is recovering well and is starting to get back to normal one would hope they start banging out PPE, ventilators, testing kits and the drugs that alleviate the condition.

Already shipped stuff to Italy as far as I know and if they keep doing fine I could see the rest of the world get some benefits from their increased production of these things.

Also read that Cuba is now sending doctors to Italy.

Speaking of countries that the world's been trying to **** over for decades but that got some very very decent healthcare, wonder when the politicans will start to lick the balls of North Korea...

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-51958105

from the feed:

Shops of all sizes pitching in across the country
With supermarkets offering dedicated opening hours for NHS staff, it's easy to overlook how small businesses are contributing to help our emergency workers.

Take Burt's Bakery for example, in Seaford - East Sussex.

The local bakery is offering a free loaf to frontline NHS workers, which can be collected night or day.

well done that bakery :clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here