Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Robert Forster (Ex Go-Betweens) posted an interesting thought that with all these musicians, artists, writers etc not being able to tour or do much else, we could see an explosion in creativity and some great work surfacing at the end of the year and into 2021.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
The XS Malarkey comedy club in Manchester are arranging virtual comedy nights that will be live streamed out to keep some of the lesser known comedians working while the clubs are closed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surprised no one else has, so I will.

1. Daily death toll in Italy has come down for the first time today. Will have to wait the next few days to see whether they've hit their peak or not, here's hoping.

2. Our daily increase today (47) was some way lower than Italy's equivalent on the same day, which could suggest we may be on a lower trajectory. Here's hoping.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Frugality is causing the weight to absolutely drop off me. Similar loss to yours.

I always imagined you looked like your avatar. Now you will?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I always imagined you looked like your avatar. Now you will?

Ha, if only.

My avatar photo is from his thinnest phase, when he lived on a diet of milk, peppers and cocaine, apparently. Didn’t see the point in food.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Just popped into Tesco at Lewes to 'take advantage' of the additional 30 min shopping for NHS staff before the hordes descend.
As shopping goes, it was a genuinely pleasant experience, partly due to the fact that everyone who entered was given a free bunch of flowers by Tesco staff (thank you, it was a really nice gesture), all the shoppers seemed to be pleasant, zero aggression regarding who was going to grab what from the shelves etc. I picked up a few basics (which were largely present - very few empty sections of shelves), and no evidence of stockpiling from my fellow shoppers.

I then popped across to a good farm shop and grabbed a few few nice treats (again, just the usual type and amount of things that I would usually get).

Happy to take advantage of the opportunity that Tesco presented (thanks again) and very happy to continue to support a local business.

Midweek shopping is pretty pointless for me at the moment with the hours that I do, so it was really appreciated.

Good to hear and you have my and I'm sure NSC's total support.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
on and off.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just popped into Tesco at Lewes to 'take advantage' of the additional 30 min shopping for NHS staff before the hordes descend.
As shopping goes, it was a genuinely pleasant experience, partly due to the fact that everyone who entered was given a free bunch of flowers by Tesco staff (thank you, it was a really nice gesture), all the shoppers seemed to be pleasant, zero aggression regarding who was going to grab what from the shelves etc. I picked up a few basics (which were largely present - very few empty sections of shelves), and no evidence of stockpiling from my fellow shoppers.

I then popped across to a good farm shop and grabbed a few few nice treats (again, just the usual type and amount of things that I would usually get).

Happy to take advantage of the opportunity that Tesco presented (thanks again) and very happy to continue to support a local business.

Midweek shopping is pretty pointless for me at the moment with the hours that I do, so it was really appreciated.

Great to hear and thank you for your service

Daughter went along to her local Tesco in the NHS golden hour this morning, said it was basically a chance for all the regional management to catch up for a chat !

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Passing the local today, and landlord and landlady were on the balcony. I asked what they were doing with their beer, and they said 'bring some bottles, we'll fill them up'. Popped back with some old empty pop bottles, which I thought were a litre. They filled them up, and sold me two bottles of bottled beer as well. I had to force money on them.

The good news is that what I thought was a litre seems to have stretched to 2 1/2 pints - so it must have been 1.5 litres! Result.

Also, they were quite upbeat. The mortgage holiday and lack of business rates means that they reckon they can last 3-4 months closed, without suffering too badly. Which is encouraging.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I’ve used this as a chance to have a booze free weekend. Only ever really drink in pubs/bars so I might see if I can go alcohol free for as long as they’re closed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here