[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
mask .png

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My granddaughter crawled for the first time today.

Had the Corona virus not been around I would have missed it.

#GoodNews
Happy for you - but the threat of the corona virus is doing the exact opposite for me - my grandson is likely to do that any time soon, but I won't be able to visit and see him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Genuinely a chance to support your local trader here.

Just back from shopping. I have panic bought a large bulb of ginger and FOUR carrots from Tiba and a four pint takeaway of a pretty decent IPA, along with a packet of pork scratchings from The Foghorn. And that is going to be my routine from now on. Little, local and often. When all of this is over these places will still get my custom and I'll be avoiding Tesco whenever I can. Support your local trader, they've never needed it more :thumbsup:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If you’re stuck indoors wondering what to do, I’ll be on air presenting a country radio show from 4pm. I will be featuring the late great Kenny Rogers throughout the show.
www.a1radio.co.uk.
You can also listen in Via the tunein app.
It’s a hobby station for non profit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This is well worth quoting / cross posting from the main thread.

Yes I was going to post in here also :) Very good news, could make an absolutely huge difference to the amount of losses, over a thousand more ventilators also available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Yes I was going to post in here also :) Very good news, could make an absolutely huge difference to the amount of losses, over a thousand more ventilators also available.

You'd quoted my other post this afternoon so have just edited it to the right one so it makes sense. Your words unchanged.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
For 20 weeks I'll get to help my ten year old son with...: Spelling, maths, science videos on YouTube, emailing friends and faraway cousins, making pizza at home, learning chess, playing Monopoly and Go For Broke, playing footie in the park early in the day or when it's raining (social distancing 👍), reading his school novels so we can talk about them, watch him score some great goals on FIFA, fail to convert him from a Chelsea supporter to the Seagulls, listen to his footie terminology such as 'top bins, megs, roulette, trevally (?!?), try to help him understand why we all need to follow the scientific advice but not to over-worry beyond that, and to let him reassure me in return when I have a wobbly or forget to wash my hands, think with him on what 'hello again' present to buy his teacher who'll be sending the class daily motivational emails with their work tasks, watch evening movies with him (some of them repeatedly 🙄🙄), snap at each other sometimes when we have cabin fever, listen to the music that HE likes, laugh uncontrollably at something silly.... wow, this'll keep us busy

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'm not usually good at keeping in contact with people and even some of my best mates I only really speak to every few months or so when we plan a meet up. But as everyone is stuck in for a while with no plans, I've already caught up with loads of friends over video call over the last week, and a few we've decided to make it a weekly thing to give us something to look forward to. So I'm actually speaking to them more than I usually do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here