Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Church & the BNP.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So, if you were a non-white member of the general public, would you be happy about members of the BNP being Police officers...or do you think that they could separate their duty to uphold the law from their political offiliation, and not allow one to interefere with the other in their dealings with you?

Offically they have to seperate their duty from any political offiliation regardless of what colour that might take. How practical that is remains to be proven BUT if you ban the police from joining the BNP then they should be banned from joining Labour, the Tories and any other party.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ok lets take the flip side to this.
How about that muslim doctor who refused to work on an injured squaddie who came back from a tour in Nottingham.Instead he had a go at him for fighting agianst his muslim brothers.
What is your view on this?

Why was he on tour in Nottingham, and why are there so many Islamic fundamentalists there?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There's a fascinating poll on the BNP website, which asks the following question

"Which of the following affects you the most" (percentage of votes cast in brackets)

A: Immigration (76%)
B: The Economy (13%)
C: Education (4%)
D: Crime (7%)

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I understand no member of the Police Force (sorry service) can be a member of the Bnp,however you can be a member of any other legal (?) party. I just happen those on the far left are just as bad as the Bnp. :shrug:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
So if you serve in the Church of England it will soon become illegal to be a member of the BNP (like it or not a legal party) Fair enough you might say ? However why not SWP after all those on the far left are pretty good at 'removing' any oppostition. :

What's Shaun Wright Phillips got to do with it ???

my brother knows people who vote for the BNP secretly in the fire service.

I know people who vote secretly for the Conservative Party and the Labour Party and the Lib Dems and Plaid Cymru and the SNP and even for Bob Dobbs.

It's how voting works. It's a secret ballot. You don't have to ask your employer's permission.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Although its a secret ballot those voting for political parties deemed to be extremist (BNP , NF , SWP , Communist , UKIP etc) have their ballot papers set aside and the ID number on the paper will tell who the voter is for the "powers that be" to add to their database.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I know people who vote secretly for the Conservative Party and the Labour Party and the Lib Dems and Plaid Cymru and the SNP and even for Bob Dobbs.

It's how voting works. It's a secret ballot. You don't have to ask your employer's permission.

But now you do don't you, isnt that the point.

Or is the membership the critical point.

So you can vote for BNP but not become a member, is that how it works.

So what exactly does it achieve ??

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
What about that KKK bloke that got kicked out of his order because his wife washed his robes with something red and turned them light pink (I kid you not)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Church of England are tossers.
In the Catholic church you can do what you want even buggering young altar boys if you wish.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I am not into god or fascism, so I wouldn't dream of getting involved in a private argument.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
What happened to democracy ? Whilst most people don't want anything to do with the BNP trying to stop people getting involved with them is good publicity to them and is likely to encourage membership.

From the BBC: "The proposal, from a lay synod member who works for the police, was passed by 322 votes to 13, with 20 abstentions."

Does that not sound like democracy in action to you? ? ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
From the BBC: "The proposal, from a lay synod member who works for the police, was passed by 322 votes to 13, with 20 abstentions."

Does that not sound like democracy in action to you? ? ?

335 people do not represent a nation of 60,000,000 so no, of course it doesn't represent democracy but it's in keeping for a religious group to take a narrow view.

Dandyman

In London village.
I'm suprised someone hasn't taken this court or the European court based on human rights.

They might do, "Faith" schools have already faced challenges for refusing to employ people not belonging to their religion.

As an aside, it's hard to see how you can believe in the brotherhood of man and also be a racist.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So if you work for the church you cant vote bnp? so thats another 65 thousand facing the sack then,dark times indeed. p.s so is it still ok to kiddy fiddle ? i need to get into my head in what perspective the church set their priorites. Frankly i think id rather vote for bnp than to be seen in a place with such double standard moralistic values. Kyn frootloops

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here