Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Church & the BNP.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What happened to democracy ? Whilst most people don't want anything to do with the BNP trying to stop people getting involved with them is good publicity to them and is likely to encourage membership.

I'm suprised someone hasn't taken this court or the European court based on human rights.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Its just a marketing ploy to still stay one ahead of Rome in England after all the Poles turned up and gave them a bit of a shot in the arm.

Church of England - The Ones With a Slightly Clearer Policy on Cavorting With Nazis.

I am glad you cleared that up for me.

Its just that the only bit of literature that I have seen from the BNP happens to say that we should be concerned about.

European Union

Immigration

Islamic Fundamentalism

Crime & Order

Pretty similar to the main parties on those then.

But lucklily those middle class white liberals of the BBC that don'y allow any member of the BNP a place on current affairs programmes and now some on here have told me they are fascists so I am not allowed to hear what they might have to say.

Phew ..... wouldn't want to make a considered judgement on my own, would think that if they are nazis like all those clever people keep telling me then I reckon I might just rumble them on my own !!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It shows very little you know.You can't vote the BNP in your in the fire service and i presume the police force too.
But saying that my brother knows people who vote for the BNP secretly in the fire service.
Actually it shows how little you know. You can vote for who you like. It's just that you cannot be a member of this dubious organisation in the fire and police services.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So, if you were a non-white member of the general public, would you be happy about members of the BNP being Police officers...or do you think that they could separate their duty to uphold the law from their political offiliation, and not allow one to interefere with the other in their dealings with you?

Ok lets take the flip side to this.
How about that muslim doctor who refused to work on an injured squaddie who came back from a tour in Nottingham.Instead he had a go at him for fighting agianst his muslim brothers.
What is your view on this?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Actually it shows how little you know. You can vote for who you like. It's just that you cannot be a member of this dubious organisation in the fire and police services.
You cannot vote for the BNP in the fire service :shootself

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How about that muslim doctor who refused to work on an injured squaddie who came back from a tour in Nottingham.Instead he had a go at him for fighting agianst his muslim brothers.
Source? Please please PLEASE, don't link me to the BNP site. :rolleyes:

But if it's true, then he should be disciplined in the same way any other doctor who refuses to see patients might be.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

But if it's true, then he should be disciplined in the same way any other doctor who refuses to see patients might be.
This was big news over a year ago.FACT

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm suprised someone hasn't taken this court or the European court based on human rights.

They might yet. But you are right there, whether or not you agree with what the BNP stand for they are not breaking any laws and you cannot discriminate against a person because of their political views.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

No doctors should be allowed to be Muslim's surely

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

The doctor had taken the hypocratic oath and should have treated the soldier, he should face disciplinary proceedings for failure to follow his obligation, and for abusive behaviour if that could be proven.

There is a very good programme, if you have the stomach for it, on ITV at the moment about doctors and nurses from the NHS who went to serve as reserves in Afghanistan. They were treating not only our servicemen but also Afghan army, civilians and members of the Taleban. Under the Geneva Convention medical services are required to treat all injured people, regardless of their affiliation...even if this means treating a member of the enemy who may have just been trying to kill you!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You want a £20 bet then?

You know when you vote, you go into a booth that has a curtain that shuts behind you. This is for the simple reason that your vote is your business and nobody else's. How can people in the Fire Brigade be prevented from voting BNP ? They have a public ballet in the Fire Station rather than a Polling Station ?

I think what you meant was that you cannot be a member of the BNP and be in the Fire Brigade although somehow I doubt that such a thing could be legally inforced.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If you have the inclination to join the BNP but decide you would prefer a career in the church or police, does it then follow that you no longer hold those view's ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You know when you vote, you go into a booth that has a curtain that shuts behind you. This is for the simple reason that your vote is your business and nobody else's. How can people in the Fire Brigade be prevented from voting BNP ? They have a public ballet in the Fire Station rather than a Polling Station ?

I think what you meant was that you cannot be a member of the BNP and be in the Fire Brigade although somehow I doubt that such a thing could be legally inforced.

Think your right on that.I put my hands up and got it slightly wrong.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Think your right on that.I put my hands up and got it slightly wrong.
Completely wrong Spencer, I think you'll find! I pointed out your error and corrected you as early as 17:07 and you replied with a shootself smiley even back then. :clap2:

Now about this Muslim doctor. I await your source, sir.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Completely wrong Spencer, I think you'll find! I pointed out your error and corrected you as early as 17:07 and you replied with a shootself smiley even back then. :clap2:

Now about this Muslim doctor. I await your source, sir.

Source ? No doubt he'll ketchup with you soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here