Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Burrell Arms, Haywards Heath

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The landlord in the Potters is a top bloke, I was in there over the weekend and heard he has also bought the Top House, doing it up nice and proper.

Quench is a decent bar as well, a bit more class than the meat markets and chav caverns of the Haywards Heath Broadway strip.

is that tom, the bald bloke? he had to turf me out a couple of times a few years back, but was always sound. its about time the top house got sorted, its had about 50 owners in the last two years and none of them have managed to get people into the place

only been in quench a couple of time and thought it was ok. still prefer mooch over it, the owners are top blokes

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Star has reopened (presumably over the weekend). I took a 2 hour lunch there today to watch the Holland game.

VERY nice it is too. In fact its unrecognisable. 'Booth' style settees installed with new tables, new bar with no partitions, new carpet along with polished floors, new plasma tellybox, tall chairs you can drag up to the bar...oh, and that OAP who was surgically attached to the old bar continuously hocking up phlegm into a tissue and oozing pus from a sore in his neck was amongst the rubble in a skip out the back. So its a :thumbsup: all round.

Decent enough to take your mum there for lunch now.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Does anyone know if The Witch is still being run by Gerry Ryan, Heard rumour he left it/ was leaving after his stroke.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Does anyone know if The Witch is still being run by Gerry Ryan, Heard rumour he left it/ was leaving after his stroke.

He's just movedout of the Witch, funnily enough he's sold the place to his ex wife....

He's move to hove

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
oh, and that OAP who was surgically attached to the old bar continuously hocking up phlegm into a tissue and oozing pus from a sore in his neck was amongst the rubble in a skip out the back. So its a :thumbsup: all round.

:laugh: :laugh: The funniest thing I have read on here for a while. :thumbsup:

Scanny

:laugh: :laugh: The funniest thing I have read on here for a while. :thumbsup:

Completely agree! :laugh:

I popped in there yesterday.

Its completely changed in there. £3.50 a pint and a right cUunt of a barman in there yesterday.

I see the regualars/builders who sat around the fruit machine and bar are all gone now at lunchtime.

Assume as you cannot wear work gear and football shirts in there now.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Well Gerry Ryan hasn't exactly sold it to his ex-wife.
He's sold it to some guys, one of whom used to own The Anchor, Barcome Mills.

It's a complicated deal and a lot depends on whether they can flog off half of the massive garden to have houses built on.

The ex- Mrs Ryan is indeed there though, but just as the manageress.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
is that down america lane? i used it when it was the Pilgrim, if so, in late 60's early 70's

Thought that was the Golden Eagle. Still ropey.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The Burrell boys in the 70's and 80's (when i knew them) were loyal Albion fans and good mates to have backing you up at an away game so I would never knock the Burrell.

Many of the old boys from the Burrell days are now drinking in the up market bars of the Broadway, they are Planning how to celebrate in style when falmer opens cant wait.:albion2: Watch this space.The Priory is going to be a f***ing Weatherspoons that will replace the sussex pub. The star had a refit. We have lost 4 pubs in Haywards Heath over the years. Name them.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here