Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Burrell Arms, Haywards Heath

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many of the old boys from the Burrell days are now drinking in the up market bars of the Broadway, they are Planning how to celebrate in style when falmer opens cant wait.:albion2: Watch this space.The Priory is going to be a f***ing Weatherspoons that will replace the sussex pub. The star had a refit. We have lost 4 pubs in Haywards Heath over the years. Name them.:thumbsup:

According to Wetherspoons not confirmed as there are numerous objections from local residents and the owners of some of the bars on The Broadway, one of whom is high up on the council, I am told.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I know one of the owners and he said they cant object on competion grounds however they are concerned if it engourages drinkers (cheap beer) walking through the town carrying drinks causing a problems for residents which could affect the broadway,also they feel for the Heath pub and united services, frankland village and st franies Social Clubs near the Priory which Mr Ramsey tried to help!!!!!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know one of the owners and he said they cant object on competion grounds QUOTE]

That is how Tim Martin started Wetherspoons. He is a lawyer by profession and he and a mate Andrew Marler, also a lawyer, realised that it was illegal to object on the grounds of competition or there being so many that another pub was not needed and they opened a pub in Tufnell Park, fell out and went their own seperate way. Tim opened what was called Martins and Andrew opened a bar at Archway called Marlers. Tim then opened another pub in Stoke Newington and Wetherspoons was formed.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Many of the old boys from the Burrell days are now drinking in the up market bars of the Broadway, they are Planning how to celebrate in style when falmer opens cant wait.:albion2: Watch this space.The Priory is going to be a f***ing Weatherspoons that will replace the sussex pub. The star had a refit. We have lost 4 pubs in Haywards Heath over the years. Name them.:thumbsup:

heyworth, Liverpool, The Sussex are no more The Fox & Hounds and Sergison are now restaurants and i believe the Duck may have gone to since i moved up here

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
heyworth, Liverpool, The Sussex are no more The Fox & Hounds and Sergison are now restaurants and i believe the Duck may have gone to since i moved up here

Well done my little friend from the Donny, grandad is very knowledgable the ducks gone.when are you next down the old liverpool arms was the cheapest pub in the Heath the landlord was called Jim. The darts room was locked sometimes and strange noises came out of it what was going on!!!!!!!!!:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The Duck
The Sussex
The Livvy
The Hayworth?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
no I think it was some strange men with funny hand shakes. the Grand order Buffolows!!!!!!!!! did not save the best pub in town being knocked down. it was a meeting place for bha fans before they use to get the train to Hove. Cheaper than any other pub in Town.:sick:

no I think it was some strange men with funny hand shakes. the Grand order Buffolows!!!!!!!!! did not save the best pub in town being knocked down. it was a meeting place for bha fans before they use to get the train to Hove. Cheaper than any other pub in Town.:sick:

handy for pre school disco's a straight line to st pauls school from the liverpool arms???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here