Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Burrell Arms, Haywards Heath

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Liverpool Arms?? where was that?

was my local for years. on match days in the period 69-77 approx we would all have our session there before quick dash to train for Brighton. around a dozen of us. me, DJ, Deano, PaddyG, et al. good days

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Along with the Ugly Duckling, now that was a rough (by HH Standards) place to be at certain times. I heard that the last owner did a runner with the takings after a beach party there so left it with sand all over the floor. Still a shame to see them pulling down old pubs though.

tis true that, I went to the party!

Scanny

Just going back to the Burrell, as the Star is shut, I actually might pop down today.

Apparantly they do a Burger, Chips and a Pint for £2.99 or something?

Can anyone confirm if this is true, and if so any opinions?

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
Just going back to the Burrell, as the Star is shut, I actually might pop down today.

Your are either a. very brave or b. very stupid :facepalm:

Either way, please report back with yor findings :ohmy:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
was my local for years. on match days in the period 69-77 approx we would all have our session there before quick dash to train for Brighton. around a dozen of us. me, DJ, Deano, PaddyG, et al. good days

Did you know Geoff Phillpott?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Cant remember the price but yes there is a deal like that, Had it around Christmas time last year. Cant say it was the best food I have ever had but for the price was very good value (cheaper than Maccy D's for freshly cooked burger and chips with a pint)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I worked in HH from 1989 -1990 then 1997-1999 it didn't have the plethora of pretend trendy bars it has now, then.

How did you leave those jobs? Was it voluntary?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Even I , a staunch defender of the burrell, have to say, for £2.99, what the f*** do you think its like ?:lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think what I meant is there is nowhere with a "strip of pubs" like in Haywards Heath, thus no atmosphere/liveliness. That is the problem with Burgess Hill. The pubs are scattered all over the place, and most of them are shit.

This.

I live quite near Jacobs post and have done for the past year, I think i have been in there drinking 4 or 5 times.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
What's your view of the burrell DS ? mine is rough and ready maybe, but nowhere near the shithole that some want to depict.

Deportivo is the one who starts all the fights Bushy! :lolol:

Only Joking. I have spoken to DS a couple of times at the station going down to games!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Haywards Heath tries very hard to be like Brighton and not like Burgess Hill or Crawley.

Eh? You really do talk out of your arse H&BB.!

Or should I say you talk out of your H&BB!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
What's your view of the burrell DS ? mine is rough and ready maybe, but nowhere near the shithole that some want to depict.

Rarely drink in there now, sometimes pop in after an evening game. It's like a lot of places, so long as you don't mind someone giving you the eye it's not a problem. Compared to some of the less than salubrious places I've drunk in around portsmouth, Plymouth and Coventry its not bad.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gary Wall, head of Mid-sussex Council, he and and his two brothers are Brighton fans and are regulars at the Withdean (well I've seen them there). Interestingly Gary used to run the Burrell a good few years ago when the Burrell was my local

I know them pretty well as I lived next door to them for about 15 years! Didn't Gary once have The Sussex a few years back.

God it takes me back hearing their names. There used to be a load of us when we were kids going down to the Goldstone in a scout van of all things !

D

Deleted User X18H

How did you leave those jobs? Was it voluntary?

It wasn't voluntary work though I have done a bit of that this morning.

89-90 was Bain Hogg left in June 1990 promoted to a Junior Broker in the City office.

Actually I have my dates wrong I was at Reed Business Information, Perrymount Road from October 1997 until November 1998 I left to do a bit of travelling. Then from August 1999 until June 2000 I worked for North Atlantic Run off in Harland's Road on a fixed term contract leaving to take a job in the city.

In those days every Friday dozens of people from my offices would get the same train as me down to Brighton or Hove.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here