Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Best Job in the world?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Who do you reckon has got the best job in the world?

Who's job would you like? Forgetting skill, talent, opportunity, and any other necessary qualifications, whose job would you just love to have?

I'm sitting listening to Test Match Special and, not for the first time, I am so envious of Jonathan Agnew.

This guy goes to every England Test Match and every major England cricket match in the world all year round. He never sees the winter. He chats all day and commentates on the cricket and gets to meet and interview interesting people from all walks of life.
And after a day at the cricket, he's got a pukka hotel and dinner all paid for. Never has to worry about cricket tickets, or getting off work to go to cricket because that's his job. Just sitting watching cricket in the sunshine and talking.

If only Jim was still in the Fixing It business, I would love to swap jobs with Aggers, if only for one series.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I've always thought that being a cricket commentator is the best job in the world. Just following the summer around the world watching cricket, wonderful. (Even if England are crap!)

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
For me, I would be a member of the royal family.

Save a fortune on loo paper as you are surrounded by arse lickers telling you how wonderful you are.

Best education money can buy (taxpayers money that is)

A well paid job for life for all your children, no need to apply, just load the tax payers up with more spongers.

Multi million pound salary for doing a bit of charity work that everyone else is expected to do for nothing (is that not the definition of charity work)

Several vast palaces to live in when thousands are homeless.

Multi million pound pay rise when everyone else is being squeezed (we really are all in this together)

Only need to work 3 days a week, 5 months a year and an expensive department at Clarence house to spin that, and convince many easily conned taxpayers that you are a real grafter working all the hours under the sun.

Oh yes, being part of a self perpetuating, unelected elite that can never be removed from power no matter how corrupt, incompetent, lazy and greedy you are, certainly has a lot of advantages.

:fishing:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I just asked my girlfriend what she thought the best job in the world was. She replied "How would I know, you won't allow me to work?" I had to chuckle. She was absolutely right.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I just asked my girlfriend what she thought the best job in the world was. She replied "How would I know, you won't allow me to work?" I had to chuckle. She was absolutely right.

What, are you a character from a Victorian novel? Do you make her do the laundry using a mangle as well?

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
To be a commentator on the sport you love, especially if you get to travel worldwide and be paid for it, has got to be right up there. I wouldn't want anything that involves too much stress.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
What, are you a character from a Victorian novel? Do you make her do the laundry using a mangle as well?

As long as she does it, I don't care. If she does it well, then there is also no need for me to 'have a word' with her.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Attenborough's had a pretty amazing life through his work. I'd go for that.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Kaddie Lee Preston on one side, Polly Evans on the other - it's got to be that Rob bloke off the BBC local news, surely?:love:

I'd like to be Charlie Stayt or Bill Turbull. Though I would specify that Susanna Reid be my co-presenter and Laura Tobin does the weather. I just think that they are particularly good at their respective jobs and would get the best out of me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here