Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Best Job in the world?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Not really a proper job but used to do occasional assignments for a 'mystery shopping' organisation that involved Mrs SoC and I going to pubs across the South East having a pub meal and a couple of pints plus discretely evaluating various aspects of the facilities and customer service on behalf of the relevant Breweries.

Got paid a fee covering the meal, drinks and travel expenses. Sampled some pretty decent pubs but one or two shockers too.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I would like to offer my services as masseur for the Brazilian ladies beach volleyball squad. I'm willing to start work now and will be happy to devote myself to the role until the 2016 Olympics in Rio. Someone has to do it, might as well be me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not really a proper job but used to do occasional assignments for a 'mystery shopping' organisation that involved Mrs SoC and I going to pubs across the South East having a pub meal and a couple of pints plus discretely evaluating various aspects of the facilities and customer service on behalf of the relevant Breweries.

Got paid a fee covering the meal, drinks and travel expenses. Sampled some pretty decent pubs but one or two shockers too.

There are a number of companies advertising for people to do that I occasionally do it mostly at Wetherspoons or Greene King pubs. A job I would like is presenter of The Football League Show or even Match of The Day. If I could live my life over again from going to senior school I would have studied to be a barrister.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
A friend of mine worked at a famous Gentleman's club in London.

On of his duties: when a girl applied to be a dancer there he had to "road test" her to see if she met the high standards of the club.

This involved up to 2 hours of private lap dancing, and some of the girls were VERY keen to impress!

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
That reminds me.
One of the strip clubs that employ us is The Hustler Club in Croydon.
They had a guy who took care of all the auditions but he resigned as he couldn't stand it. He preferred the guys. That is indeed a dream job.
I gotta say though, when you're not drunk, the club's lights aren't dimmed and the girls don't have their face on it doesn't have nearly as much appeal.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Every day! How many pints per day did he average and how long did he last after 52 even with the monster pay off and pension, did he have enough for a private liver transplant!

Ha ! He's still going and no transplant yet. He's turned the area under his stairs into a cold room and has a keg of Guinness in there always. Which is nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here