Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Barberettes / Gully girls

Lush

Mods' Pet
Whoever they are, they need to remember that they are performing in the middle of a huge football pitch in front of 25k-ish people, not in a school hall (Gullys Group) or intimate lap dancing club (Chrsytals). That's why I think Gullys Girls works, 'cos they wave flags and do stunts and make nice patterns. :)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Poor, piss poor in fact, if Barber is all for listening to the fans then either bring back the proper Gullys Girls immediately or as mentioned previously, get a proper GOSBTS marching band in because quite frankly that was embarrassing yesterday, almost as embarrassing as Ashley Barnes masquerading as a footballer.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There are a whole collection of drum core bands in the uk, who are extremely talented. They are the equivalent of the American college bands. Very surprised albion have never tapped into the four or five sussex based bands.

Check out YouTube for senators and southern aurora.....6th hove were my kids band and we had some brilliant times at competitions

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This really is cyber bullying. Can you imagine how it would feel to be one of the girls reading this, or their proud dad.

Total over-reaction. As a dad I'd be proud that they're out there but I'd be even prouder if they were performing well enough for people to stop what were doing and actually watch.

Currently they're little better than a cheerleading display you'd see at a summer fete between the Best In Show Dog Contest and the Tug O' War.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Poor, piss poor in fact, if Barber is all for listening to the fans then either bring back the proper Gullys Girls immediately or as mentioned previously, get a proper GOSBTS marching band in because quite frankly that was embarrassing yesterday, almost as embarrassing as Ashley Barnes masquerading as a footballer.

Well done, you managed to get another dig at Ashley Barnes in a totally unrelated thread.:wanker:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
It didn't work. I admire the lads for getting involved, must have taken a lot of bottle to join up but....
The routine wasn't 'BIG' and therefore ineffective.
The outfits were obviously a rushed decision, again totally ineffective.
The half time 'shows' were again to small to be appreciated, a few spinny leggy handstand moves weren't what i consider entertainment.

Fair play to ask the street dancers, but if Gully's Girls weren't the answer barber was looking for then he must be off his face on Glue if he thinks these are.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To me gully's girls are one of the few remaining links to withdean - Ok they were amateurish then and are
amateurish now but the fact that they have some heavier girls show that they are not an elitist bunch. I still hope that the club is not going to totally sell out to the corporate ideal. The time before the amex was painful but the club and fans were really cohesive and I really loved the withdean years. Whilst I realise we have moved on and wouldn't go back, I hope that we keep some of our ideals from the past.
Funny, I'm (almost) the exact opposite. I'm all for remembering our roots and for being as far from a bland corporate club as possible, but I really don't want to wallow in the Withdean era. Parts of that era really should be consigned to the history books and enthusiastic but undoubtedly amateur cheerleaders is one thing that I'm happy to see binned.

Just my opinion.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Whoever they are, they need to remember that they are performing in the middle of a huge football pitch in front of 25k-ish people, not in a school hall (Gullys Group) or intimate lap dancing club (Chrsytals). That's why I think Gullys Girls works, 'cos they wave flags and do stunts and make nice patterns. :)

I miss the Gully girls, this new plastic naming and outfits and dance routine is so false. It's tacky and want the original gully girls back.

The problem with street dancing is that it needs the right scale of arena to have its impact - and, maybe, decent lighting effects. Ideally, it needs a street. A football stadium is fundamentally the wrong place, with the wrong surface, for a small troupe of dancers.

And I speak as someone who - believe it or not - once danced to a football stadium full of spectators, on live national television. Thankfully this was in Russia, not this country - and it's not available on YouTube.

[yt]qzX8vphI2wI[/yt]

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I find the whole notion of Gully's Girls a little bit seedy to be honest. You have girls who look as young as 16 being seen as a sex object by a load of middle aged men. If that's not seedy I don't know what is. Not withstanding the fact that most are over weight and can't dance. Its just all a bit amateurish

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Its the start of the change over to the all male version, first a few guys are introduced, number of girls reduced then you end up with the guys in fancy dress and before you know it the teams walk out to The Village People :)

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
I can't see a mostly middle aged fan base being into street dance all that much. Dancing before football is shit anyway. Get some crossbar challenge or under 8's football on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is Street Dancing (out of interest)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Phwoar

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353870907678.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353870907678.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 115

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here