Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Barberettes / Gully girls

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I find the whole notion of Gully's Girls a little bit seedy to be honest. You have girls who look as young as 16 being seen as a sex object by a load of middle aged men. If that's not seedy I don't know what is. Not withstanding the fact that most are over weight and can't dance. Its just all a bit amateurish

I wonder if it has got anything to do with recent news events and a football stadium filled with middle aged men isn't the right place for teenagers to be ogled at ?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The problem with street dancing is that it needs the right scale of arena to have its impact - and, maybe, decent lighting effects. Ideally, it needs a street.

It may be called street dancing but no-one dances like that in the street. Its natural home is in a dance studio with mirrors.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
to be honest i would rather see them sack it off all together. its embarrassing and out dated. do we even need half time entertainment? i would rather see them do a few more of those player interview videos they've played pre-match on the big screens.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Gullys girls have supported our fund raising events in the past I think they should get help to improve the standards of cheer leading and build on what they been achiving. :rave::rave::rave:

It may be called street dancing but no-one dances like that in the street. Its natural home is in a dance studio with mirrors.
I remember being up in Brum, for a cricket cup-final, and finding a superb group of street dancers from Leeds who had been commissioned by the Bull Ring to put on performances in the street. Roz took a load of photos, but I can't find them. In the street, surrounded by an enthusiastic crowd of shoppers, was exactly the right place for the performance - far better than in a dance studio, surrounded by dance enthusiasts.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Watching cheerleaders really isn't my thing, much prefer watching the TV and drinking in the bar - but I guess this is disappointing for those that like them.

It sounds like the new lot are poor, but time will tell.

I'm sure I remember the marching band at the Goldstone when I was a kid, could do a lot worse than get them back.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I missed it, but I think the whole concept of dancers is shite unless they're bloody good.

My vote. DRUM CORE. That way they could play along with fanzone and add to the experience.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Ridiculous to suddenly change things with no care to the youngsters in the crowd , no warnings , no announcement just the usual ' f~*k ' what the terrace fodder think !!!........ get ready for even more changes no doubt on the way. I am not a fan of cheerleaders at the footy but this has been handled badly for those who do and for those involved in Gully's Girls.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ridiculous to suddenly change things with no care to the youngsters in the crowd , no warnings , no announcement just the usual ' f~*k ' what the terrace fodder think !!!........ get ready for even more changes no doubt on the way. I am not a fan of cheerleaders at the footy but this has been handled badly for those who do and for those involved in Gully's Girls.

It was done BY those involved in Gully's Girls.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The old boy beside me in the family stand looked very disappointed at the new offering from the dance troop. Gully's Girls were the highlight of his Amex visits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here