Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Barberettes / Gully girls

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
At the game earlier I heard a bit of a conversation involving one of Gully's Girls/Group.

From what I can gather they will cease to exist in their current form - they'll be just handing out flyers and stuff rather than dancing. Seems odd.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Thought they were awful. No rhythm and the flag waving was so amateur it was unreal. Ditch it and move on IMO.
I was being sarcastic :lol:
Was that there actual performance? I just thought it was something they did during Fanzone, I didn't knew they did a performance today.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was being sarcastic :lol:
Was that there actual performance? I just thought it was something they did during Fanzone, I didn't knew they did a performance today.

As a very rare visitor to the Amex, I have to say I wasn't impressed on Saturday with the "group" or tonight. I admire the girls dedication but the club should perhaps either get them to up the standards or try something else. The screens would be more interesting if there was a planned programme every game for say 45 minutes before kick off.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Ditch the whole gully's girls thing. its pointless.... Any pre-match or half time entertainment should stick to football related things like pitch side interviews, highlights videos on the big screen etc...

We're football fans, watching a football match.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

They didn't, thankfully.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Please please please bring back Gully's Girl's. I miss them.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
f*** me - that makes the paper up there?
I suppose they just get bored of reading "New KFC opens", "Grandson fingers his 29 year old Nan", "Record levels of dog eggs on the pavements for the tenth year running" or"Youths burn the town down again". If the welching scumbags can actually f***ing read in the first place that is.

It's in the Argus as well mate...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Thought they were awful. No rhythm and the flag waving was so amateur it was unreal. Ditch it and move on IMO.

This. They were dreadful.

Has anyone from the club actually explained WHY GGs have been ditched?

And why are these new ones wearing mustard coloured shirts.

Pathetic.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Ditch the whole gully's girls thing. its pointless.... Any pre-match or half time entertainment should stick to football related things like pitch side interviews, highlights videos on the big screen etc...

We're football fans, watching a football match.

That's a very selfish attitude.

I've spent the last 20 years listening to pre-match music that I hate. That doesn't give me the right to want it stopped ...I just ignore it.

Same with Gully's Girls. Sometimes I'll watch them, other times I'll ignore them and read the programme. I do. however, respect the time they put in to deliver entertainment (whether you think it's entertainment or not) at the Amex and their passion for the club.

We already get pitch-side interviews and highlights videos.

If there is a range of pre-match entertainment and, as individuals, we don't like some of it, so what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here