Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Barberettes / Gully girls

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Can't we have them just once a month and give them a bit more time then to focus and learn a single routine. Mix of other acts etc. rest of the time

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
You know it makes sense

article-2050730-0E6E386900000578-584_468x314.jpg

article-2050730-0E6E375E00000578-367_224x423.jpg

article-2050730-0E6E35F600000578-835_224x423.jpg

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
If they have been binned then I'll not be happy. Used to enjoy them, it was part of the pre match.build up. I did wonder why they wasn't doing there usall routine before the last home game.

Maybe Barbar has past that we don't know about so has banned gully girls so it doesn't lead him into temptation.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I had hoped that Barber's cost-cutting would have led to even skimpier outfits rather than an end to Gully's Girls.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
To me gully's girls are one of the few remaining links to withdean - Ok they were amateurish then and are
amateurish now but the fact that they have some heavier girls show that they are not an elitist bunch. I still hope that the club is not going to totally sell out to the corporate ideal. The time before the amex was painful but the club and fans were really cohesive and I really loved the withdean years. Whilst I realise we have moved on and wouldn't go back, I hope that we keep some of our ideals from the past.

You have some good points here. I'm quite sensitive to how the club holds onto its/our past and in the main I'm really chuffed with how they've remained a local club despite all the changes.

With regard to GG, the amateur feel to them I think is what feels out of place. They belong to the Withdean era, as do do so many cherished players, and no one wants Darren Freeman back.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I'd also heard this, surprising move.

Seriously, no fishing here, the only fishing I indulge in involves getting your hands wet. Anyways you'll see for yourselves tomorrow. Billie will be pleased with your comments, I thank you on her behalf.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To me gully's girls are one of the few remaining links to withdean - Ok they were amateurish then and are
amateurish now but the fact that they have some heavier girls show that they are not an elitist bunch. I still hope that the club is not going to totally sell out to the corporate ideal. The time before the amex was painful but the club and fans were really cohesive and I really loved the withdean years. Whilst I realise we have moved on and wouldn't go back, I hope that we keep some of our ideals from the past.

This with bells on.

I can't believe some of the stuff written on this thread.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Like any of you give a sh....er...toss... what sort of dancing they do.

Anyway. I think I might audition. What day do they train? :whistle:

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Like any of you give a sh....er...toss... what sort of dancing they do.

Anyway. I think I might audition. What day do they train? :whistle:

Looks like a lot of your colleagues have the same idea Edna. They are looking for a regular sized replacement for the one in front who they have decided it would be a bad idea to try and lift. On the flip side it's considered to dangerous to let her do the lifting, as she tends to throw the liftee out of the stadium.
Oh, and any night you can get to the rehearsal hall in the precinct.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
But what about the Crystal's ... we used to argue that we wanted to compete "our birds are better than yours" - but we've capitulated [if true].
I hope we fight harder in other areas where we want to better the pikeys

To be fair the Crystals get asked to kiss & pose for photos with the Palace supporters rather than those at the Amex who hassle theirs for makeup tips.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Looks like a lot of your colleagues have the same idea Edna. They are looking for a regular sized replacement for the one in front who they have decided it would be a bad idea to try and lift. On the flip side it's considered to dangerous to let her do the lifting, as she tends to throw the liftee out of the stadium.
Oh, and any night you can get to the rehearsal hall in the precinct.

This would never work. We all know that black people have superior dancing skills to the Whites. Could you imagine a real police force trying to do this!! put that on NSC and you would hit gold for sure:lolol::lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All part of the sanitisation of the home match experience, I expect there will be a dress code for all stands next.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If you're going to do the cheerleader thing then do it properly, and weight limits.

One or two of the girls are carrying a stone or two,

This really is cyber bullying. Can you imagine how it would feel to be one of the girls reading this, or their proud dad.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
To be fair the Crystals get asked to kiss & pose for photos with the Palace supporters

Do they charge for it like they do when they're working?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here