Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Things seem to be pepping up towards the Thames Estuary.

Rain Today

Is this one of those snow events where we just don't know if, where and how much? Similar to what we had in late January or are you pretty confident that this will be a light snow event?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is this one of those snow events where we just don't know if, where and how much? Similar to what we had in late January or are you pretty confident that this will be a light snow event?

Away from the Kent hills, the setup isn't ideal for lots of snow. The air pressure is above 1020mb, but conversely the upper air is very cold. The forecast is for more organised and widespread mainly light snow overnight, so we may get a covering. I'd be surprised if we get enough to cause any problems though.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Away from the Kent hills, the setup isn't ideal for lots of snow. The air pressure is above 1020mb, but conversely the upper air is very cold. The forecast is for more organised and widespread mainly light snow overnight, so we may get a covering. I'd be surprised if we get enough to cause any problems though.

Is it fair to say the more north you are in Sussex the more snow will fall. We have light stuff falling now

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Falling very heavy in Crawley now.

Crawley-20130120-00091.jpg

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
A few flakes on the Downs near Lewes.

Forecast for light snow overnight then some heavy tomorrow morning. I don't want problems for the game tomorrow!

PG

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Been snowing on and off mostly light since about 8am, some heavier bursts going through now and only just starting to settle. This could carry on well into the night with a chance of some slightly heavier stuff later tomorrow based on a trough that is going to swing our way. I would say it's a nice last hurrah for Winter, but March might see us seeing some more of the white stuff!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here