Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What a great week of cold weather so far! Gradually got colder during last week with the ground drying out and freezing in prep for the snow on Friday, got a good 8cm and then snizzled most of yesterday with another 4 or 5cm today! I live next to Tilgate now so took the boys up there for some sledging...they hated it but they are only 3 and 1..maybe next year!

Right for this coming week it's going to stay cold so the snow for most should still be around come Friday. As for further wintry stuff there's a chance tomorrow but this is 50/50, definitely a case of watching the radar and the NAE forecast to get an idea. Tuesday there's another chance then it looks to dry up for a couple of days although some surprise snowfalls can't be ruled out. Turning more sleety rainy near coasts unfortunately from Tuesday onwards. The breakdown at the moment appears next weekend. It might be a snowy breakdown or go out in a whimper. The outsider at this stage is the GEM model which shows a channel low next weekend so keeping the cold going!

An interesting weeks weather coming up.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

As you switch the lights off and head for bed, don't you just love the glow of snow lighting up the darkness of the night, bloody lovely :)

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Blimey, when I went to bed it was coming down a bit, but it's really come down over night. 1st half decent amount and very windy. Doesn't sound like we've had as much up here as you guys, but more forecast today and tomorrow... Shame I've got to be in work in 2hrs 16mins! image.jpg

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Seen the website, but previous experience tells me to treat anything on there as a greater work of fiction than Harry bloody Potter

From southern website

Services across our network are being disrupted due to the late finish of improvement works, which has delayed our lines being treated to remove the build up of ice. Trains are unable to operate between Lewes / Brighton / Haywards Heath and Three Bridges in both directions and buses are being arranged to operate between Brighton and Three Bridges. These buses are expected to start operating from approx 07.30.
Passengers travelling towards London from West Coast stations can travel via the Arun Valley line between Barnham and Three Bridges.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

From southern website

Services across our network are being disrupted due to the late finish of improvement works, which has delayed our lines being treated to remove the build up of ice. Trains are unable to operate between Lewes / Brighton / Haywards Heath and Three Bridges in both directions and buses are being arranged to operate between Brighton and Three Bridges. These buses are expected to start operating from approx 07.30.
Passengers travelling towards London from West Coast stations can travel via the Arun Valley line between Barnham and Three Bridges.

Brilliant. Twats.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As I said, work of fiction! Checked the website at 5.45 and no different to yesterday. Got to station in time for 6.40 Gatwick Express which still hadn't departed when I gave up and came home at 7.15

I don't mind delays and cancellations in this weather and completely understand it all, but Southerns communication is awful.

The upside is, I have just been given permission by my team leader to WFH until all the snow has cleared :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like there's a chance of something this afternoon, but I'm not confident myself. Tonight will be very cold and frosty, and there's another batch coming in tomorrow - which may be sleet or snow depending on where you are. Neither looks like a lot of snow though.

The radar is showing a channel streamer - which may clip the coast neat Eastbourne. This may develop.

Will it Rain Today? | Rain radar for the UK | Going to rain? | MeteoGroup

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Up to 10 degrees by the weekend! Bye bye snowmen of Sussex.

Are you or the right thread, or just being "anti" in a look at me sort of way ???

Very anti the snow, my kids have grown up and flown the nest, all snow means to me is over half of our staff deciding they can't get to work.

Love the way it makes things look pristine and stuff, hate the way effects daily life.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
is it correct that we have more snow forecast for Sussex this afternoon, Beeb saying from 2pm till 6?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here