Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
how is it looking for the next few days?

Very cold. It could go down to - 8C during the nights with the snow covering and barely above freezing all day so there will very little thaw all week and we may get a bit more tomorrow and on and off during the week but the 2 snow events are over now I think. Probably getting milder from next weekend.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Very cold. It could go down to - 8C during the nights with the snow covering and we may get a but more tomorrow and on and off but the 2 snow events are over now I think. Probably getting milder from next weekend.

Sounds about right. If we do get some snow tomorrow, it won't be more than a dusting.

COULD be something on for Wednesday, but is looking too marginal for my liking.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Stopped in newhaven now after about 6 hours

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not here except 2010.

hmm.. I remember trudging through well over 6" in 87, walking up Drove Crescent.
I may well be wrong about 82 though as I was only 7 at the time, but definitely had a few inches then too.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Measured out the back, and we have a smidge over 5 inches here in Haywards Heath (13cm).

All in all, a decent event and looking at the daytime temperatures, it shouldn't be melting anytime soon (unless Wednesday brings us some rain/sleet).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

More in 82, 87 and 10 and lasted longer . Facts

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I can remember driving along the A259 at the bottom of Roedean School fields toward Rottingdean and snow had drifted almost forming a tunnel to drive in. Must've been 82 or 87 I guess.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Still snowing hard in mountfield. Our lane appears to have really caught it compared to others around. Drove to battle and that had half our amount and its only a few miles away

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Been very persistent but not heavy snow all day here in West Kent. Probably a couple of inches already on the ground from the last couple of days and now another three or four inches on top of that. Snow more or less stopped though and little more predicted. Roads have been well gritted but looking slippy out there. Hope that helps Jakarta.

View attachment 38808

Sounds very similar to West Sussex then - cheers! I had 3 days off work last week up in Lincolnshire (-10 degrees C at night!) due to a family funeral so can't really afford any more time off in the near future.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Seems to have stopped in BN2 - that was about 8.5hrs worth. Decent accumulations although not exceptional amounts by any means. Looks pretty though!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Been flumping since 7AM in BN22 and STILL no sign of it letting up, 2 inches of snow on low ground but its about 5 inches up in the downs.

All schools in the Eastbourne area are almost certain to be shut, no sign of any gritters on the local roads which they usually grit either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here