Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus think they might have some exciting news for us... But do they?

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Guys. If it was anything whatsoever to do with the playing side- ie that we actually managed to sign someone, let alone someone half decent- they would have released it tonight, so as to excite the fans and put a few on the gate for tomorrow's game.

Ergo it's probably just another Falmer announcement: the naming of the South Stand toilets, or the introduction of a thrilling new method of getting money out of the fans, or the invention of an exclusive cocktail only available to 1901 Club members.

Go to bed :lolol:

Night night !!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If it is exciting, then Adam LeFondre is on his way.

If this is typical Argus exaduration, then it'll be Lee Hendrie instead. Sadly.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Is it just me, but when I click on the link on the opening post...........it says the word "interesting"...............not "exciting".

Don't wish to be pedantic, but the word "interesting" doesn't really indicate to me, it will be to announce a new signing.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My money is on either (a) all that crap about the new badge & branding, or (b) some pretty pictures of the stadium seating, colour and design.

If you read the Falmer questions forum on here, the announcement about the seats was due "shortly", as per the entry on 16/08/10. Which is nice to hear, and more pictures for us to gawp at, but ultimately not all that exciting. Fits the bill perfectly for a breathless Argus EXCLUSIVE, wouldn't you say?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Is it just me, but when I click on the link on the opening post...........it says the word "interesting"...............not "exciting".

Don't wish to be pedantic, but the word "interesting" doesn't really indicate to me, it will be to announce a new signing.

It's all in the exclamation mark...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Sorry. My fault. I found out you could edit the title from the big board and then changed it back to the wrong adjective! Will try and switch back..!

Too late. The window of opportunity has passed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It won't be a new signing, how many TIMES?!!!! :facepalm:

Since when did clubs announce player signings on Saturday mornings??

Exciting= new player
Interesting (which is what the Argus call it) = stadium news.

God, some of you will barely sleep tonight, will you? :D

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It's all in the exc;amation mark...

Really..?.....OK then.

Think if I wanted to sell more copies of the Argus and it WAS to announce a new signing, I wouldn't use the word..."interesting". Exclamation mark, or no exclamation mark.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's so easy for the Argus. Tweat the word 'interesting, sit back and let NSC do the rest.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sorry. My fault. I found out you could edit the title from the big board and then changed it back to the wrong adjective! Will try and switch back..!

Too late. The window of opportunity has passed.

NP BoF............I'm not normally a pedant. Many other things , but not a pedant...LOL..!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

I agree. The word also suggests that it may not necessarily be good news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here