Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus think they might have some exciting news for us... But do they?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
He might be a dud, or he might be a thoroughbred beauty with a mean streak. I'd prefer to imagine the latter for starters, and if he proves himself to be the former, then we've lost little and i shan't scream at anyone over it.
It's best we have someone in, and we've got just that. A few days of possible purchasing to go. I still have faith.

Although, as BoF says, the Argus is a shitrag. My mother's hairy-upper-lipped boyfriend reads it, and when i visit Brighton that means i get a news of a new set of swings posted down The Level or a pot-bellied pig spotted eating a nextdoor neighbours garden furniture.
My eyes roll disparingly each time.

The best of this thread. :bowdown:

I'm pleased that this signing was reported in this manner by The Argus, they said they had news and they did. Liam is a good League One standard player and will be very useful for us this season i'm sure. I'm almost shocked The Argus havn't done a feature on the stadium but I say hats off to them!

Welcome to Brighton & Hove Albion Liam Bridcutt!

Fromer Chelsea players at Brighton:

Leon Knight
Alexis Nicholas

hmmm

Still give the boy a chance.

And the mighty Keith Dublin. Well some people on here last night came up with the cocky comments of it wont be a signing, not because they were wrong but it is just the way some people have that holier than thou attitude with a very patronising broadside

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
People on here talk SO much rubbish.

Most of us did not stay on here until the early hours eagerly discussing this imminent 'interesting' news and the first we got of it was in the Argus this morning. And yes, it was interesting.

This slagging off of the Argus really irritates me - it's truly pathetic. If you don't like the paper, don't read it. Why do people enjoy slating it? We'd have a lot less Albion coverage if, like most of you seemingly want, the paper ceased to exist.

They do a decent job.

The Argus is ok, not as good as it used to be though :glare:

Plus all that is reported in The Argus regarding the Albion is freely available on Seagulls official site.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
The Argus is ok, not as good as it used to be though :glare:

Plus all that is reported in The Argus regarding the Albion is freely available on Seagulls official site.

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if people feel that then fine. There's nothing wrong with a bit of criticism but the way some on here go about it is so childish - they just slag it off for the sake of it. It's almost become the 'done' thing on this site to have a go at the Argus, which is ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here