Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus think they might have some exciting news for us... But do they?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm totally underwhelmed. Not even interesting.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Oh great.

Yet ANOTHER player who likes getting sent off in games involving the Albion. :facepalm:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Blimey give the kid a chance..
We aint Real Madrid, were Brighton. If Gus thinks he will be a useful addition to the squad, then I like him already and will support him.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Like it. Young player with potential. Obviously has some considering he was at Chelsea. I agree with Dave, as we have to give him a chance. I could be wrong and he could be shite, but I think he could do quite well :D

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

The Argus really does set itself up for ridicule.

• The journalism is poor these days (ref: "stories" sourced from places like NSC)
  • The space given to "news" is a joke (ref: that piece about the tile falling off a Worthing roof last week)
  • And now the marketing reaches a new low by plugging today's paper on Twitter by ridiculous exaggeration.

I was one of those in the recent poll who said I read it, and I do. Sometimes I just wonder why.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It used to be a decent paper, didn't it?

Every single article on the online edition seems to have a basic error. They appear to encourage all sorts of deranged idiots that comment on articles.

Particularly distasteful is when they invite people to leave a tribute to a dead person and sit back and allow a huge 'binfest' to start with insults flying about between friends and family of the deceased and wind up merchants.

I was back in Brighton the other day and bought a copy. That is definitely the last copy I will buy. Utter rubbish.

They even managed to cock up their ridiculous World Cup competition and picked a dodgy company and weren't able to fulfill their promise. At least the poor winner got an apology.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He might be a dud, or he might be a thoroughbred beauty with a mean streak. I'd prefer to imagine the latter for starters, and if he proves himself to be the former, then we've lost little and i shan't scream at anyone over it.
It's best we have someone in, and we've got just that. A few days of possible purchasing to go. I still have faith.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They even managed to cock up their ridiculous World Cup competition and picked a dodgy company and weren't able to fulfill their promise. At least the poor winner got an apology.

You're joking!!!! They didn't send ANYONE to SA after all that bullshit hype :angry:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
It won't be a new signing, how many TIMES?!!!! :facepalm:

Since when did clubs announce player signings on Saturday mornings??

Exciting= new player
Interesting (which is what the Argus call it) = stadium news.

God, some of you will barely sleep tonight, will you? :D

Sorry what? :lolol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Although, as BoF says, the Argus is a shitrag. My mother's hairy-upper-lipped boyfriend reads it, and when i visit Brighton that means i get a news of a new set of swings posted down The Level or a pot-bellied pig spotted eating a nextdoor neighbours garden furniture.
My eyes roll disparingly each time.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Fromer Chelsea players at Brighton:

Leon Knight
Alexis Nicholas

hmmm

Still give the boy a chance.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You're joking!!!! They didn't send ANYONE to SA after all that bullshit hype :angry:

No. They picked a fraudulent company and then didn't have the decency to club together and send the chap out to South Africa.

One idea would be to get the person who won the argus 'competition' out to South Africa as promised in your 'partnership' with BYT.

We would like nothing more than to be able to do this - but sadly, we don't have the budget to be able to. As we said in the article where we exposed the alleged fraud, we ran the competition with BYT in good faith. Once we were aware of the problem with the competition tickets, we also went to some lengths to do our own investigation into the firm. And of course, we will ensure we continue to cover this case as it progresses through the justice system.

D

Deleted User X18H

A Brightonian who is tired of the Argus is obviously no longer a Brightonian

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No. They picked a fraudulent company and then didn't have the decency to club together and send the chap out to South Africa.

That's disgusting. If that was me who'd won I'd have actually cried. :angry::angry:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
is the Argus beholden to the club/ they get a scoop although not a major one and just hint at it. there seems to be no hint of journalism just rehashing information that is already out there - Naylor start doing your job

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
People on here talk SO much rubbish.

Most of us did not stay on here until the early hours eagerly discussing this imminent 'interesting' news and the first we got of it was in the Argus this morning. And yes, it was interesting.

This slagging off of the Argus really irritates me - it's truly pathetic. If you don't like the paper, don't read it. Why do people enjoy slating it? We'd have a lot less Albion coverage if, like most of you seemingly want, the paper ceased to exist.

They do a decent job.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He might be a dud, or he might be a thoroughbred beauty with a mean streak. I'd prefer to imagine the latter for starters, and if he proves himself to be the former, then we've lost little and i shan't scream at anyone over it.
It's best we have someone in, and we've got just that. A few days of possible purchasing to go. I still have faith.

I really think that MB is the only person on here who speaks any sense

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here