Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus names the arrested Albion players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The Argus is in the business of selling newspapers - and that's the attitude that they have adopted this morning.

In printing the names of those accused in large type across the front page, and placing the Seagulls logo between each name, they have well and truly bitten the hand that feeds them.

If the club didn't exist or went out of business, then so would the Argus - its the Albion stories that keeps the rag viable. Very very poor show (chief reporter) Emily Walker; be prepared for the backlash. Albion fans have long memories.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Argus is in the business of selling newspapers - and that's the attitude that they have adopted this morning.

In printing the names of those accused in large type across the front page, and placing the Seagulls logo between each name, they have well and truly bitten the hand that feeds them.

If the club didn't exist or went out of business, then so would the Argus - its the Albion stories that keeps the rag viable. Very very poor show (chief reporter) Emily Walker; be prepared for the backlash. Albion fans have long memories.

Spot on. I will not buy it now or read the online articles either. However this all pans out, they have now overstepped the line.

smelly

May 23, 2004
I will never buy that rag again....... a new low for them which is quite an achievement.

:tosser::tosser:

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Very very poor show (chief reporter) Emily Walker; be prepared for the backlash. Albion fans have long memories.

It won't have been her decision to write the names and splash it on the front page, it will have been the editor/news editor

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I assume if these are proved to be false allegations they will print a front page apology.......oh of course they won't they are scum

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I went up the road to buy it today, something I wouldn't normally do and the shop said they were flying off the shelf.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Wonder what Naylor's view is? Assume he was consulted about it, puts him in diff position methinks. Fact is didn't need a rocket scientist to work anything out but by dramatising it in the way the Argus has (typical of trash journalism) positioned itself almost as an accuser. Free speech is one thing abusing one's ability to influence in this way is another imo. Hope they've got a good brief that can find something in this

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Of course the paper are going to print everything they can on the story - its a newspaper!
Honestly, what did people think would happen?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I assume if these are proved to be false allegations they will print a front page apology.......oh of course they won't they are scum

The Argus doesn't say that the players commited sexual assualt though. It says they have been arrested after being accused of sexual assault. Which is very different.

They shouldn't have printed the names (on moral grounds if anything), but they actually reported fact

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most people who wished to would have formulated their own ideas of who was involved, correctly or not, by a process of elimination of ages etc from what has been reported on TV so has The Argus done the players in general an injustice.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f*** me some of you lot need to get a grip. Its a NEWSPAPER. Dont like it f*** off to north korea where you will spoon fed what they want you to hear. Its NOT speculation its in print.

The argus would not have published those names without good reason. The facts are those are the players arrested and bailed.

If any went to court thats a different story about publishing names.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The report isnt written by naylor but by the argus chief reporter. Im sure naylor will be told to stick to the football.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
The Argus doesn't say that the players commited sexual assualt though. It says they have been arrested after being accused of sexual assault. Which is very different.

They shouldn't have printed the names (on moral grounds if anything), but they actually reported fact

Printing 6 names in big bold text on the front page is a very poor reporting technique. It's the kinda thing you'd expect to see in a school paper not a local rag.

Sent from my phone cause I can

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just coz its our club and we cant believe its out little angels doing this, where normally its the big boys. well it happens it gets printed get over it and yourselves.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In truth, once the wrong names* began appearing elsewhere I think the names had to come out - the devil is in the detail of how it is reported, whether there is an assumption of guilt (mud sticks as they say) or whether there is an emphasis that as we speak no-one has been charged with anything.

*for example, the fans of a club who reportedly want to sign a Brighton player have accused that same player of being involved - he might want to reconsider his options!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here