Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice - series 6 - 2010

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Why does MY licence fee pay for shit like this.

WHY.

Bullying is no longer accepted in management. Lord S take a bow. All your money was made in property.

You made shit products, actually scrap that as far as your amstrad cpc was concerned you bought components, put them together then reboxed them as your cpc. Unlike Clive Sinclair who actually made/invested in the technology itself. Or say a Peter Jones.

You could have been the British Bill Gates but your so called "business acumen" you didnt even see the potential in investing in actually developing.

Plus you have a beard.

You go on record as saying that this is the best series (course it is) and that in no way are there the idiots from th first couple of series like Sayed or whatever his name was.

No, people now know that there is a shot of a "media career" for appearing on your tired, worn out "reality" show.

Now f*** off. Take your tele series with you as well.

I love the way you intersperse a serious rant with "and you have a beard!" :lol:

But you are missing a point. The TV show is heavily edited to make everyone in it look bad. That's where the entertainment value is. However I do think there is an educational element to it too. All the mistakes that the contestants make are made by business people everywhere every day. It's a good way to show people how they can be perceived as idiots when they think they are being clever.

I agree that AS is not a business 'guru' in the same way that Peter Jones et al are. That is reflected in the fact that AS doesn't invest in other developing businesses the way the Dragons for example do

AS is theoretically a 'wide boy'. He started off by making a 'quick buck' sourcing what his neighbours wanted and selling it to them. He has made millions by having the nous to see opportunities for making a buck where others have failed. To say he doesn't invest in development isn't true either. If you'd read the book you would know that he was at the forefront of many early ideas, investing heavily in development of products based on his gut feeling. The satellite dishes are an example of that. He also produced a gadget not dissimilar to the iPad although much too early for the market.

Apple are not unlike Amstrad. The only difference is their mark up and brand recognition. AS made products cheap and sold them cheap. You might not buy anything of his but millions do. Alan Sugar actually had to rescue Clive Sinclair because he had no idea of business. That speaks for itself. You can design all the products you want, but if people don't want to buy them you won't succeed

Don't like The Apprentice then don't watch it. Don't like his products, don't buy them. Read his book, don't read his book. Like him. Don't like him. Whatever. But if you had half his nous you'd be running your own business and making much more money than he does! It's very easy to criticise from behind the security blanket of a guaranteed monthly wage dear :)

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Tonight BBC1 9PM

DVD.
The reality show reaches its seventh week, as the candidates head to the legendary Pinewood Studios, where Lord Sugar calls on the only two yet to lead a team to assume the role of project managers. Their task is to create personal movie experiences and sell them on to customers at a large London shopping centre. Both teams stretch their creative muscles in an attempt to turn shoppers into stars of their own movies, but only one team can escape Lord Sugar's wrath in the boardroom.
(Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Baggs the Brand is on a roll already :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I fear for The Brand in this one

Shit, I suspect he's going to win by virtue of the other team's crap idea. Boy is he going to be smug.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Damn, the smug little weasel is safe.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ooohh, he wants a slap for that comment about keeping the champagne on ice...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here