Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice - series 6 - 2010

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's infuritating that the viewers don't know the specific role Sugar has in mind for the successful person.

Rather than bluffing through a task in a 24/48 hour timeframe, imagine if Baggs actually KNEW the ins and outs of the product/service he was promoting. In certain circumstances and properly "harnessed" he could be very effective, however if the role involves working closely with other people, costing, tact and diplomacy then clearly he's the wrong man.

I think Jamie will win, although no one's really a "stand out" character. It was the Aussie bird's to lose and she blew it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think any of them have that "something special" though? Not once has anyone done something I thought was genius. The winners each week just tend to be the ones that make less mistakes rather than doing something exceptional.
Joanne is a bit stroppy but in my opinion comes closest to have that something special. More often than not, she's been the creative one, and isn't afraid of hard graft.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Joanne is a bit stroppy but in my opinion comes closest to have that something special. More often than not, she's been the creative one, and isn't afraid of hard graft.

I pointed out several weeks ago that Joanne was a bit of a dark horse and could do well. That was in response to posters on here saying that she was soon for the chop. She was very mouthy at the start but that was mainly because she got into rows with that really horrible contestant (whose name I have mercifully forgotten) but since then has done really well. It wouldn't surprise me to see her as one of the finalists.

And to echo the others, I am so looking forward to The Brand getting roasted next week - real car crash television I reckon.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I pointed out several weeks ago that Joanne was a bit of a dark horse

RACIST :angry:

Seriously though, Joanne is generally quite good in all the tasks but I wouldn't fancy working with her. Apart from the really grating voice she's pretty stubborn, she seem to get her own way all the time, I don't know if that's because she always has good ideas or because people just give up arguing with her. I'm inclined to think it's the latter.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And to echo the others, I am so looking forward to The Brand getting roasted next week - real car crash television I reckon.

It's the final 5 tonight.

For me Sugar seems to be looking for someone with a spark, someone creative, a bit of genius. That certainly isn't Stella.

I'd argue that posh Chris has been lucky to get this far, i.e giving away 20% of TOTAL turnover last night in his pitch, coming up with sob stories to get people to sell to him at low prices. Sugar will realise he won't be able to get away with this in the real world.

Of the 3 that are left I don't think Joanne has exhibited much spark either. She's a doer and a good all-rounder, but nothing special and with a penchant for whingeing.

Baggs clearly strikes a chord with Sugar, and having won in a head to head with Liz he HAS to be taken seriously. However, when his achievments are picked over in interview stage I feel the feedback won't be brilliant.

I feel that Jamie is frontrunner. Sugar also looks on him with a bit of fondness like father/son, they're also both Jewish, but he's got a bit more savvy than Baggs. His price negotiating last week was superb, as was his charismatic tour guide performance last night (outgunning Stella on tips £67 to £8).

I feel its Jamie's to lose.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't think it is the final five tonight. I think it's a pre-final 5 background type show - cobbling together old footage, the Your're Fired stuff and some unseen - the last five thing ( the interviews) is next week I believe

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Yes, I agree with you. There does seem to be a lack of SPARK among them this year. The other thing I find absolutely incredible is that nobody learns from previous mistakes. Almost every task has been identical to ones in previous series, yet they cock up in the same areas. If I was a contestant I'd have studied every episode ever made and identified where people went wrong. Last week was a great example. Strategy is the key to that buying/selling task, yet they just seemed to pile out on to the streets and start offering more than things were worth. There have been occasions like that where I genuinely think I (with no business credentials whatsoever) could have made a better attempt at things.

Show's on tonight at 8, so not long to look until the next installment of Baggs the Brand

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Why on BBC does it say that next Wednesday is episode 12/12 (interviews) then next Thursday is a program about why Lord Sugar fired the ones he did (13/12), but no mention of another episode...i thought the final one was when the old ones come back and act as teams for the final 2...???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interview round tonight, and I fancy (ball)Baggs to get a HAMMERING :clap:

Looking forward to watching the weasel squirm.

Dara O'Brien was on 5live this afternoon. He mentioned that Margret's first words as she meets her first interviewee in tonights show were worth the admission fee alone.

3 leave toinght, I think "the brand" is going to get well and truly battered :lolol: My pick for the final are Stella and Jamie.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It said in one of today's papers that Baggs gets busted as a liar by one of the interviewers.

Reckon it'll be that grey haired bloke with the moustache.

(I don't mean Margaret, before anyone says it :lolol:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel it's Jamie's to lose tonight.

I'd expect him and Stella to interview well, but not the other 3. As for Baggs, he'll be put through the mincer but when the series is done he'll be the one we all remember.

If Baggs DOESN'T get the gig it's almost in his interest to get crucified. The more memorable the TV the deeper his post-Apprentice media career will go. He's a shoe-in for next year's I'm A Celebrity for starters...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Here we go :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here