Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice - series 6 - 2010

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I thought it was a really disappointing episode tonight. :down: Really didn't enjoy it very much.

Stella is very lucky, it should be Jamie vs Chris in my opinion. Stuart's demise was classic, and Lord Sugar was right, he was wrong last week.

what part were you dissapointed with? i always look forward to the interview stage myself..and stuart was classic.....hi margaret

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
what part were you dissapointed with? i always look forward to the interview stage myself..and stuart was classic.....hi margaret

I just didn't think they were overly interesting, or overly relevant. Why have a pop at Joanna about what Alan Sugar does in his companies? I completely disagree about the relevance of all that, because they didn't ask anyone else about it. I thought the stuff about Stuart's licenses for his business was spot on, and that was brilliant TV. But I thought the interviews in general were quite boring actually, and very two faced. All 4 of them criticised for fun in the interviews and then praised them all in the boardroom. I didn't like it.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I just didn't think they were overly interesting, or overly relevant. Why have a pop at Joanna about what Alan Sugar does in his companies? I completely disagree about the relevance of all that, because they didn't ask anyone else about it. I thought the stuff about Stuart's licenses for his business was spot on, and that was brilliant TV. But I thought the interviews in general were quite boring actually, and very two faced. All 4 of them criticised for fun in the interviews and then praised them all in the boardroom. I didn't like it.

totally agree with that part. I wasn't sure if that was included in the final cut as she messed up or not. Surely they should asked all competitors that question for fairness.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
totally agree with that part. I wasn't sure if that was included in the final cut as she messed up or not. Surely they should asked all competitors that question for fairness.

Exactly, I think that was very unfair. And all the stuff in the boardroom about her not understanding general business stuff, where were the examples? She herself spoke about spreadsheets and I think she said about balance sheets aswell, but you learn all of that. I think she was really hard done by there. I've never liked her and I'm quite annoyed that she got so far, she came across quite obnoxious and offensive to me personally, but I think she was badly treated at the end. They criticised her for not wanting to expand her cleaning business, and without knowing much about it I can't talk too much about it, but I think that was very unfair. There are people who start businesses to make millions, and others who start them to fund their own lifestyle and give them flexibility with their family. Joanna surely wasn't interested in making herself a mint from expanding her business, she was doing it so she could fund her family. What's the problem with that? I really think she was treated quite badly tonight, and I didn't expect myself to be saying any of that before the programme started!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Joanna got a really bad hand and I feel very sorry for her as she has that raw talent and Sugar has made a bad error.

Jamie and Stewart (especially Stewart were full of shit) and Chris remains a real maverick to me.

Stella is worthy of her place.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They're only going to show the answers that make good TV. I daresay all of them were asked about Sugar's companies but the other three gave the boring, properly researched answer which wasn't worth taking up airtime with.

Poor show by Jo, even the most basic of interviews usually asks what you know about the company. Her own fault for failing to prepare.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They film all the exit taxi rides at the start of the series to prevent it getting out who got fired before it's aired. They make them wear buttoned up coats so there are no continuity issues later on :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They're only going to show the answers that make good TV. I daresay all of them were asked about Sugar's companies but the other three gave the boring, properly researched answer which wasn't worth taking up airtime with.

Poor show by Jo, even the most basic of interviews usually asks what you know about the company. Her own fault for failing to prepare.

Maybe they did, and hopefully they did. But I think they made a bigger deal out of it than it actually was. I went for an interview a few years back where I knew nothing about the job I'd applied for, granted that was rather stupid but after a very good interview I got the job and was there for 2 and a half years and progressed through the company. I don't think knowing everything about the company is particularly relevant because, like knowing technical things, you pick that up along the way.

I'm looking forward to the extended version of You're Fired tomorrow night, I wish they'd do a longer version of the actual show. They must have so much relevant footage to show, and it would be well worth watching in my opinion. I'm very interested in business in general, so I'd be very interested in watching an extended show with the interview footage.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Joanna - Great raw talent but naive. The program should screen people like her out at the beginning, not the end.
Baggs - Sugar must have been agonising over last weeks decision for the whole week because he was unusually harsh tonight, especially given that he hired Lee Peacock with his CV embellishment
Jamie - Fell away, right time to go, but had some good skills
Chris - Doesn't have enough. Not a stayer, too high a risk
Stella - I have no idea why she is even there. Ten years in an investment bank in a role created for her? What can she offer that will better that, plus she has been entirely unimpressive since week 2

There is no stand out candidate- an easy thing to say if you hate the programme but i love it.

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Maybe they did, and hopefully they did. But I think they made a bigger deal out of it than it actually was. I went for an interview a few years back where I knew nothing about the job I'd applied for, granted that was rather stupid but after a very good interview I got the job and was there for 2 and a half years and progressed through the company. I don't think knowing everything about the company is particularly relevant because, like knowing technical things, you pick that up along the way.

I'm looking forward to the extended version of You're Fired tomorrow night, I wish they'd do a longer version of the actual show. They must have so much relevant footage to show, and it would be well worth watching in my opinion. I'm very interested in business in general, so I'd be very interested in watching an extended show with the interview footage.

Your motivations for wanting the role and a position with the company will always be a key factor. If you do not understand the role and where it fits in within the business, how can your application be taken seriously? I think (and don't mean to be patronising) that you are young and maybe you were, at the time, applying for a part time/casual role. The Apprentice is about a £100k job. Knowing nothing about the company that you are applying to and the role you are applying for is unforgiveable. I wanted Joanna to win, but she blew it :(

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry but if you're serious about applying for a job then you should have a good idea of what you're applying for. Even McDonalds probably expect burger flippers to understand what the company does.

To apply for a £100k job, with Lord Sugar, having watched previous series and knowing you'll be on TV, without bothering to do even the most basic research demonstrates a quite breathtaking lack of foresight IMHO.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have gone for a Liz and Jamie final. Can't believe Chris made it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here