Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice - series 6 - 2010

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The problem with this series is that there is no other final but Liz v Stella I can possibly imagine actually happening.

I fail to see why everyone goes nuts about Stella. She was good for the first two tasks, but has gone backwards ever since and at the end of the day, Sugar always hires salespeople. She's not a salesperson and will not get the job. It will be Jamie, Joanna or Liz.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Liz, Paloma, Sandeesh.

Laura and Stella are lagging miles behind.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That is, of course, precisely the point that I was making. I've spoken to many senior people from Europe in the course of my job and they all speak English. In fact, it's not unknown for some of them to speak four, five, six or seven languages.

Really? Since the Second World War we've slipped from the second biggest economy to, I'm not sure now, 7th, 8th, 9th. We have a budget deficit three times that of Germany, twice that of France, five times that of Sweden. We have no car industry, no electronics industry, no steel industry and yet we're doing fantastically.There have been quite a few changes since 1945 and in particular the dismantling of the British empire and more recently the emergence of the chinese and Indian economies, the former of which is expected to soon exceed that of the US.

As I said above, I wasn't talking about the average Joe. I was talking about business leaders, so no, we don't all have to learn German. But if I wanted to work for a business that exported to Germany I should think it was essential Essential if you are only exporting to Germany but if you have a diverse international range of customers you cannot speak every language. yes,I think learning Mandarin would be a brilliant business asset if I were a 15 or 16-year old thinking of a future. If two people go for a job at a multinational with identical skills, academic qualifications and experience except one spoke three languages and one was monolingual, I'm pretty sure that the polyglot would nail it. I'm certainly going to encourage my kids to learn Mandarin - I think it will be an important skill in 20 years time.

Again, exactly my point. Germans learn English because they can sell to us: we won't learn German so we struggle to sell to them. As I said, Germans have a thriving car industry and we haven't we do have a car industry but it is not owned by uk companies. It does employ uk citizens, pays uk taxes and it's exports count to our balance of payments.- do you really think we've got it right and the Germans have got it wrong?If we struggle to sell then why are they our second biggest trading partner according to statistics from the Guardian for 2009?

I don't think that, in business, it has been a major hindrance to the UK that people are not generally bi-lingual, the important thing is that the two trading parties can communicate. I certainly don't think that our lack of foreign languages is responsible for us slipping down the economies rankings.

Finally, don't judge UK business on a bunch of muppets that want to appear in a reality tv show. They are not the creme de le creme otherwise they would all be earning considerably more than what Al Sugar is offering!!!!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Not sure on this series but in previous ones the winner has always won a job in one of Lord Sugars companies (Amstrad and Amsprop). The job spec is normally talked about more in the 'interview' and final episode.

The winner definitely now gets a sum to start up their own company, helped by Sugar. Some says it's £100k, others say it's £250k.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stuart's GOT to go I'm afraid!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Really hope the chicks win this week, just to get rid of The Brand. Shame that Jamie seems to be winning the haggling war for the boys team so far!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Another hour of the Laura lovefest for me. :thumbsup:

I wonder if she takes it up the bottie?

reality_tv_the_apprentice_s06_e04_laura.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here