Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 9 Apr (Ken Brown / Martin Perry)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not a stadium question but (for Mr Perry) how is the search for a new training ground going?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Have the pair resolved the outstanding issues re: disabled Albion supporters at Falmer that BODS raised many weeks ago yet?

I believe Martin Perry came up with a detailed response to those questions, which you should be able to find using the search on NSC. If you find that thread and you still have issues with the response I'm sure you can formulate a question for him to be asked on saturday.

FWIW I think most (maybe not all) parties were satisfied with the response.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
More specifically, given that most disabled supporters are either/or on benefits, and have single income families, why did the Albion board see fit to remove the concession for the 100 or so Albion disabled supporters? Particularly given that this action is contra to what all premiership and most championship clubs see fit to do with their disabled supporters in their charters.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why does an adult with a season ticket in the family stand have to arrange to be relocated if they are attending a match without their child ?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
More specifically, given that most disabled supporters are either/or on benefits, and have single income families, why did the Albion board see fit to remove the concession for the 100 or so Albion disabled supporters? Particularly given that this action is contra to what all premiership and most championship clubs see fit to do with their disabled supporters in their charters.

I believe the answer to that is so as to not discriminate against non-disabled supporters. Non descrimination meaning non discrimination for all, which ever way you look at it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
When will the stadium website be up and running and will this contain a seating plan

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
This is total speculation, but maybe because a weirdo could buy 2 seats for him and his "child" then turn up alone and be in an area full of kids

If its speculation then it would be a good question to get clarification, there is no way my son will be able to attend most evening games but I don't want to miss out and although I am a bit strange I am not a weirdo.

The cost of the coaches being organised to the Amex from Billingshurst (my nearest pickup point but still a 7 mile drive) has been quoted today at £12.50 per person per match (OK effectively £11.50 if you buy a book of travel vouchers). Currently, there is usually two to four of us travelling to Withdean by car and using the Mill Road P&R.
The cost of the coach from Withdean to Walsall on 16th April is £25.
The cost of the coach for Charlton supporters travelling from central Brighton to the Valley is apparently £7 per match
1) On comparing the these prices, do MP and KB consider that after 3-4 years of project planning and implementation, the cost of the "Amex" coaches represent value for money to the supporters?
2) Why did the club not publish details of its proposed transport scheme/plan/arrangements for the Amex Stadium prior to season tickets being put on sale and why has it still not done so? I realise that the scheme is a condition of the planning consent, and therefore subject to B&HCC approval, but the proposals could surely have been published with this caviat at the same time of the season ticket roll-out? Had this been done then supporters would have better known the likely costs of watching the Albion at the Amex before committing themselves to purchasing a season ticket.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Already been asked but I'd definitely like to hear about the travel plan regarding the trains.

Specifically how many people have they calculated can be removed from Falmer station in the immediate 45 minutes after a match? Have they had correspondence with Southern about making things run as smooth as possible after the match? If so a quick explanation would be helpful.

Large One, the last time Martin Perry was on he sometimes rambled on about stuff we already knew, please could you try and steer the conversation into new info wherever possible, in the nicest possible way of course. Cheers :thumbsup:

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
What is the latest update on Park & Ride sites for next season and beyond?

Are there any plans for a Park & Ride to the East of Falmer (eg. County Hall in Lewes), in order to 'serve' fans coming from towns to the East of the A23 and A26, where there is no easy train service to Falmer. I know there are buses, but a Park & Ride site at County Hall could be feasible, and would potentially take a significant amount of match-day traffic out of Lewes town centre.

Also, what is Martin going to do all day once the stadium opens and all the initial fervour dies down...??!

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Where is the club with regard to the transport plan for the stadium? Do the club foresee problems with the railway station, particularly after games, due to the lack of capacity on the line - in particular for those heading into Brighton? And also, will the club/police be holding back away teams (in particular those of rival clubs) in order to allow Albion fans to disperse first?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If its speculation then it would be a good question to get clarification, there is no way my son will be able to attend most evening games but I don't want to miss out and although I am a bit strange I am not a weirdo.

It isn't total speculation. The have been threads on ask the club about it. Like you lethargic, I understand the principle but with 2 young kids unlikely to attend winter evening games I'm more than a little miffed that the information coming from the club now differs so significantly from what I was told when I bought my tickets. And in reality, there is little or no point in relocating fans from there and using general sale tickets, therefore freeing up Spaces in the family stand for winter evening games when there are unlikely to be a rush of families wanting the tickets

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Where is the club with regard to the transport plan for the stadium? Do the club foresee problems with the railway station, particularly after games, due to the lack of capacity on the line - in particular for those heading into Brighton? And also, will the club/police be holding back away teams (in particular those of rival clubs) in order to allow Albion fans to disperse first?

On Saturrdays there are 7 trains an hour, approx capacity is 100 per carraige, 8 carraiges per train, that's the best part of 5000 in an hour towards Brighton. You then have those going back to Lewes, 3 Park & Rides worth of buses, then you have the normal buses, the organised coaches from all over the place, 1901 members who will be driving, those who will walk/cycle and of course the invitation to stay behind for a beer or some grub, somehow I think that after we get used to it, it is going to be fine, certainly no worse than many grounds we've been to, in fact I expect it to be far better than some I've been to in the past few years.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
On Saturrdays there are 7 trains an hour, approx capacity is 100 per carraige, 8 carraiges per train, that's the best part of 5000 in an hour towards Brighton. You then have those going back to Lewes, 3 Park & Rides worth of buses, then you have the normal buses, the organised coaches from all over the place, 1901 members who will be driving, those who will walk/cycle and of course the invitation to stay behind for a beer or some grub, somehow I think that after we get used to it, it is going to be fine, certainly no worse than many grounds we've been to, in fact I expect it to be far better than some I've been to in the past few years.
I broadly agree, but as has been pointed out to you before the eastbound Brighton line is already busy with non-football traffic. Also I do believe the trains are four carriages, not eight.

But yeah, it will sort itself out eventually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here