Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion NEED £2 million to survive. The board needs YOU to help

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I am for one am not going to send £250 quid to get me name on seat for a ground we havent even got permission to build as yet!!

:censored:

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I fully understand the need to help the club and if we had Famer my cheque would be on the way, NO PROBLEM!!

At the moment however, you may as well put £250 on the gee gee's!!

You may even get a return on that!!!

:nono:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The Northstander said:

At the moment however, you may as well put £250 on the gee gee's!!

You may even get a return on that!!!

:nono:

you might if you don't listen to g g

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
The club really has got us by the nuts.
We all love the Albion so much that life without it would be unthinkable.
If we dont help, the club will fold.
It really is a no brainer.
I will donate £100, I am not overly happy about having to do so, but at the end of the day, I cant bear the thought of no Albion.

Think about it people.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I am thinking about it, £100 is £100 and what are you getting from doing this?

A seat for a ground we havent even got? :shootself

It is idiocy!!

:angry:

*That's my rant and opinion for the day*
:wave:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I could never give money to any football club to save them,

protests ,boycotts etc, yes

but to put spare change out of my pocket into a bucket for players wages or to save a business i just could not do when theres so many terrible things going on in the world ,

if someone had a collecting tin in churchill square for the albion next to Sudan crisis ,I know where my money would go!

Last edited:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Be afraid, be VERY afraid. This is awful news. I was pretty worried when the 3 year season ticket letter came round......but now this:(

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Northstander

" At the moment however, you may as well put £ 250 on the gee gee's !!.

You may even get a return on that !!!. ".

Is that a cue for one of my tips ?.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The money is a big ask, but at the end of the day the Albion is my main vice in life, so if I want to throw any more money at it, I will.

Please would those who incessantly crap on about mystery billionaire investors, either tell us who they are, or shut up. We have no ground of our own, we lose money hand over fist, and at the moment there is still no concrete prospect of a new stadium.

Falmer would make us a more attractive prospect to investors, but until we get permission at least, nobody in their right mind would pour money into the club, unless they were a lifelong Albion fan and billionaire combined.

Until that point, what choice does Dick Knight have? He has to keep the thing going as best he can, and hope that we get Falmer.

He doesn't deserve any stick just because he wanted to completely vet some chancer who made a vague offer of money years ago. We've been down that road before, lest we forget, and I for one don't want to see our club in the hands of someone who's only trying to make himself a bit of money, or increase his own profile. No more Archers, please.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Re: Re: The Albion NEED £2 million to survive. The board needs YOU to help

The Northstander said:
can it be paid in instalments, perhaps direct debit?

???

Yes, according to the official site, a standing order can be used.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'll check with the Missus, and if she's ok, I'll glady give the club £250 to help them survive.

I badly want to be able to take my 11month old twin boys to see Brighton at Falmer in a few years time, and sitting on a seat with my name on it would be pretty cool!

UP THE ALBION:bounce:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Maybe if the Albion got £ 100 000 they could call me up for a tip and I would happily oblige with a 25/1 shot for them.

Worth a thought ?.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I am going to send £110 as that is as much as I can afford (plus it gets me in the life season ticket draw).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Lord Bracknell said:
I think we fans should be pleased that DK is using every opportunity to raise money BEFORE the bailiffs come knocking on the door. Like other people who have already posted, I don't believe that millions can be raised just from small/medium sized donations of £100 or so, but if this initiative goes in parallel with an appeal to the Sussex business community to stump up some four- or five-figure donations into a Club that, through its success, is delivering a huge return into the local economy, then there is every point in running this appeal now.

There'll no doubt be the cynics who will bleat on about potlessness and desperation, but they have been whinging for years.

One thing I am certain of is that there's no alternative "Mr Big" out there who will get us to Falmer. At first sight, chancers like Purdew always look impressive, but they aren't around at the moment, and anyway, they've always got an agenda of their own which doesn't include delivery of the skills to work with the organisations that will get us a new ground in Brighton.

I make you absolute right Lord B.

This announcement sounds very grave indeed, and does smack of being the last resort before we find ourselves slipping into administration. There can be no doubt that the board will have thought long and hard before coming out with this. If it could have been avoided, it would have been.

All the rubbish spoken about regarding 'alternive investors' and 'get rid of Dick Tight' must surely now be put to bed. IF there is this imaginary bloke out there with millions to invest he will surely speak up now. If he's been to a game in the last 5 years he is about to get a begging letter. If he hasn't been in the last 5 years he either doesn't really hold us very dear to his heart, or lives abroad and may well be out of touch with our current issues OR HE DOESN'T ACTUALLY EXIST.

As to whether I can justify putting this sort of money in myself, oooh I really don't know. I'll give it some serious thought but I don't have £100-250 just lying around doing nothing.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
First I heard of it was The Argus phoning me about half an hour ago for my reaction!

Stunned and don't really have much money but will see how much I can afford. Might have to give Forest a mis and donate the cash for ticket/travel to the club.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Mr Popkins said:
I could never give money to any football club to save them,

protests ,boycotts etc, yes

but to put spare change out of my pocket into a bucket for players wages or to save a business i just could not do when theres so many terrible things going on in the world ,

if someone had a collecting tin in churchill square for the albion next to Sudan crisis ,I know where my money would go!

Absolutely fair enough. But I will say this. Of course, there's no comparison to what's been going on in Darfur but since the sale of the Goldstone, can you really treat the club as anything other than a charity? The club are clearly desperate and this is something it can only do once. I'm not happy about it but no other club has had to put up with what we've had to and been successful. You have to say that's incredible when you think about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here