Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion NEED £2 million to survive. The board needs YOU to help

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So if we only get £1M does that mean the club will fold, and those who donated £250 will get free subscription to the Argus for lifetime and their name on a park bench next to Falmer pond

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
au contraire DO

I assume we have to approach all sorts of funding agencies from Sport England to the national Lootery for funding. If you were a hard nosed banker would you lend money to a limited company who had just sent out a letter to their customers asking for extra money for purchases they have made in order to keep those supplies coming?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh well the Albion wont be seeing jack shit from me, car tax/MOT/Insurance all going out this and next month. Ther a deadline for this or I can I just pop into Dicks house sometime next year with a bundle of cash? ???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
dave the gaffer said:
au contraire DO

I assume we have to approach all sorts of funding agencies from Sport England to the national Lootery for funding. If you were a hard nosed banker would you lend money to a limited company who had just sent out a letter to their customers asking for extra money for purchases they have made in order to keep those supplies coming?

The answer to this could be that the bank loan will be secured on the stadium BUT the bank will probably view the stadium as worthless, after all who would buy it from the bank, the only value would be in the land (assuming the club will own the land and not lease it) which after the demolishion costs would probably not be viable.

It could however be seen that the club is in effect offering a rights issue (ie the shareholders can purchase extra shares at a fixed cost) in order to provide liquid funds to carry on until the end of the enquiry.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
think I well chuck a few quid if it means getting me name on a seat! But will want guarantees we're getting Falmer first!!
:clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We are in deep deep shit. Our blood pressure is 90/50 and falling our respiratory rate in down to 10 a minute and we have 3 heart valves blocked.

Our ventilator tube is not working properly as John Prescott has his fat arse sat on it and he won't budge.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why do you only get a seat name of you donate over £250? Why not give that to everybody who donates?

Also why discriminate against people who cant afford £100 by not entering them into the draw for the season tickets?

On that page the button says "cleck here to make a donation". Does nobody proof check what goes up?

Also, why the hell is it so desperate all of a sudden? why have we not been told the gravity of the situation? A couple of years ago the board were saying how prudently they were running the club and how it was all ok.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Why do you only get a seat name of you donate over £250? Why not give that to everybody who donates?

Also why discriminate against people who cant afford £100 by not entering them into the draw for the season tickets?

On that page the button says "cleck here to make a donation". Does nobody proof check what goes up?

Also, why the hell is it so desperate all of a sudden? why have we not been told the gravity of the situation? A couple of years ago the board were saying how prudently they were running the club and how it was all ok.
All good points. This does smack a bit of a hastily rushed-through panic announcement. Expect to see the details changed as people have time to digest it and re-think it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
DK cannot offer new contracts to Knight or McGhee until he know how Falmer will go. If Prescott turns down Falmer, we are finished to all intents and purposes as a football club as we have not got the money to invest say £ 3 million trying and possibly failing to get another site.

This must have taken years of people's life expectancies and DK will bow out I think.

The future would be div 2 or div 3 football at Withdean if they allow an extention in front of dwindling crowds of 3000-4000 , as it would be difficult to get people to support a team that will never have a future.

It would then be an ever plummeting scenario and eventually lead to the club folding.

It really is Falmer or bust.

Slashes wrists. :(

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Albion Dan said:

I assume it's to do with the reopening of the planning inquiry. We have to divert money to the continued fight against the forces of darkness.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
If Prescott turns down Falmer, we are finished to all intents and purposes as a football club as we have not got the money to invest say £ 3 million trying and possibly failing to get another site.

unfortunatley you summed it up perfectly GG :nono:

Albion Dan said:

If it was a named seat and into the draw for a £20 donation, that is all they would get from 90% of people. Sad but true.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Second thoughts:

What about a private share issue with voting rights (unlike Norwich). Then a consortium of supporters can have a seat on the Board. Or an outside investor could indicate his interest? (Mike Bamber was a Board member first.)

What is the value of the Albion, say £8 million, a 20% share issue would not even effect control of the club.

Except if there are two companies, one for the stadium and the other for the football side of things.

First thoughts:

A bit ominous for the funding of the new stadium.

Third thoughts:

Albion might sell a player?

perseus said:
Second thoughts:

What about a private share issue with voting rights (unlike Norwich). Then a consortium of supporters can have a seat on the Board. Or an outside investor could indicate his interest? (Mike Bamber was a Board member first.)

What is the value of the Albion, say £8 million, a 20% share issue would not even effect control of the club.

Except if there are two companies, one for the stadium and the other for the football side of things.

First thoughts:

A bit ominous for the funding of the new stadium.

Third thoughts:

Albion might sell a player?

I think these would happen if we needed the money badly. I have a nasty feeling this has been worded to make it look as if the club will go bust if we don't get £2 million.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here