Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Count me and junior Paolo in!

Great idea. Thanks.

:albion1::thumbsup:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Loving it, but

just one quick question, can you upload photos as shown on Facebook, and if so should it be the link on the http or the link shown in the properties for that photo?

Best thing to do is right click and and save the facebook photo to your desktop and then submit as per the submit page...

Hope this makes sense!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Im in but can I use this one ?

:laugh:

The reason I chose my username was that I used to be in a band called Stebson. Mark Savage, the guy who played Gripper came to one of our gigs once... and low and behold it turns out he was a proper BNP type.

We had our pic taken with him and he did a Nazi salute!!

It's weird cos his character was exactly the same.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hi All.

Over the last couple of years there have been loads of threads on here championing the idea of an huge Albion mosaic (wall of faces) to appear at The Amex.

Well after much discussion with the club IT'S HAPPENING!!

Tim (eastlondonseagull), and I have put the project together over the last three months and it is now live. The final image will appear in The Supporters Bar in The North Stand at The Amex before the start of next season.

We have had a brilliant response from Albion legends who have already agreed to support the mosaic, and we're chasing more as I write! Peter Ward, Gary Stevens, Garry Nelson, Inigo Calderon, Darren Freeman, Liam Brady, Micky Adams, John Crumplin, Gary Howlett and John Byrne are among the Albion names who have already signed up to appear on the final piece!

We are launching today on NSC today to give members the first go at submitting... only fair as this was where the idea was born. There are about 1950 spots left.

It's £9.99 to submit a picture but for that your image will appear on the mosaic in The Supporters Bar and an A1 limited edition print of the finished mosaic will be posted to your door. We are charging for discounted prints 'up front' in an attempt to put off fans of certain other clubs from submitting!

We are going to donate 10% of all proceeds to the fantastic REMF.

Should take up not reach the amount required to complete the mosaic all contributors will be refunded in full.

Anyway I'll stop going on - hope you like it and tell your friends!

www.albionfanmosaic.co.uk

Warren and Tim

THIS IS THE IMAGE THAT THE FINAL MOSAIC WILL MAKE UP.

I have to say that I love this image.

I have a question though. If demand is high enough, would you accept more images, so as to improve the resolution of your finished piece? I'm struggling to understand how you're going to produce a decent representation of the image [especially the intricate stadium bits] with a resolution of just 63 x 32 pixels to work with.

I guess that's where the skill comes in?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I have to say that I love this image.

I have a question though. If demand is high enough, would you accept more images, so as to improve the resolution of your finished piece? I'm struggling to understand how you're going to produce a decent representation of the image [especially the intricate stadium bits] with a resolution of just 63 x 32 pixels to work with.

I guess that's where the skill comes in?

Should uptake be very high we could look at changing things around.

With regards to the final image it'll look very similar in resolution to the World Cup one on the site. Pics will be a tiny, tiny bit bigger. Look at Bobby Moore's face on the World Cup one. Only made up of 25 or so squares but if you stand back it looks great.

Remember each square is made up of loads of pixels - as you say arranging them is this is the clever bit.

Won't be a problem at all - although we definitely need 2000!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I will be amazed if this isn't oversubscribed, its a great idea. I've uploaded one of my son, one of my daughter and one of me. Just need to dig out one of my dad now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here