Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Academy Awards

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
About 1 in 3 posts on this forum are now your gibberish. If you're still planning on visiting Portslade, why not have a rethink of that idea? We've already got enough ****ing idiots in this country, we don't need one more.

No need for that. Play the ball :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
2UZ8yy.gif

Like this ?

Yeah sort of.

I imagine for the last one or two steps there was a sudden panic feeling of "wtf am I doing" but he was probably to angry to speak, and he couldnt just turn around and sit down again and also couldnt beat Rock too badly so it all ended with this strange slap.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Must have been quite a few thoughts rushing through Wills mind as he got closer to CR, probably enough time had passed since the onset of his fury that he started to do some initial internal reasoning about consequences, and probably made the decision - just in time - that knocking out the host would be all sorts of not good.
Some people actually die if they are hit from a hard punch they are not expecting, hitting their head on the floor etc
There are many such instances of drunken evenings from not famous people around the world.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed. Smith has made himself look like a right prat. Rock comes out looking the "bigger man" by not making more of it, or looking to press charges and/or sue him - which in the most litigious nation on the planet, is quite something.

Can you imagine how one of our footballers would have reacted to that slap ? He'd have hit the deck, rolled himself off the stage, down the red carpet and halfway to Santa Monica Boulevard before he'd stopped screaming.

:lolol:

There is still time for whiplash to minifest, though.

I am still without a view on this. From what I have read and heard I am unlikely to bother to form a view.

I have consulted with Mrs T. She says Chris was there to Roast people. Smith could have defended his wife via social media. So they are both guilty. Of not a lot. Time to move on. :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I am still without a view on this. From what I have read and heard I am unlikely to bother to form a view.

I have consulted with Mrs T. She says Chris was there to Roast people. Smith could have defended his wife via social media. So they are both guilty. Of not a lot. Time to move on. :shrug:

Kind of sad that all it takes is a silly little spat like this to knock the invasion of Ukraine off the top of all the 'most read stories' on the news sites innit.

Putin and Zelensky are going to have to up their game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kind of sad that all it takes is a silly little spat like this to knock the invasion of Ukraine off the top of all the 'most read stories' on the news sites innit.

Putin and Zelensky are going to have to up their game.

War is only a few puffs of claret-laden breath away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY

I'll take that as a yes. War has broken out. This is smartbomb Steven.

And now for the weather. The sun should plop through after a start. A bit like having your hand sewn back on after a farming accident.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Sorry Harry I have to disagree (and this seems to upset a lot of the more sensitive souls on here) but my immediate reaction to having my Wife not just insulted but also humiliated wouldn't be - 'OK I'll sort him out on Twitter', especially when I'm about 10 yards away from the ********.

Anyway as mentioned previously there is a much more important issue going on in the World at present so this is my last post on the subject...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry Harry I have to disagree (and this seems to upset a lot of the more sensitive souls on here) but my immediate reaction to having my Wife not just insulted but also humiliated wouldn't be - 'OK I'll sort him out on Twitter', especially when I'm about 10 yards away from the ********.

Anyway as mentioned previously there is a much more important issue going on in the World at present so this is my last post on the subject...

I was swooping from a cloud aloft, without any insight or finger on any pulse.

Your call is your call. No argument. :thumbsup:

(I might combust for far, far less, given an unfavourable wind, in fact???).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The Oscars film academy has said it "condemns" Will Smith's slapping of Chris Rock at the ceremony, and has launched a formal review of the incident.

A statement said it would "explore further action and consequences" in accordance with California law, and the body's standards of conduct.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60908869

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Oscars film academy has said it "condemns" Will Smith's slapping of Chris Rock at the ceremony, and has launched a formal review of the incident.

A statement said it would "explore further action and consequences" in accordance with California law, and the body's standards of conduct.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60908869
This is about right, expect a hefty fine and a 6 awards ceremonies ban.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The funny thing is, Will Smith is actually laughing when Chris Rock makes the joke, I think he doesn't react until his missus looks at him with a piercing look of 'what the **** are you laughing at' at which point he thinks, I'm in the shit here unless I do something.

You can't just whack someone for a poorly aimed joke. Bloodyhell.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So having skimmed this thread the only thing I'm sure about is Tyron Biggings is going bald and he's very sensitive about it
I think it is also also lucky that he lives so far from the smiths. If he were closer he would be up on some pretty serious stalking charges.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Might sound a bit Neanderthal (retro?)but I think most (all?) women expect their husband/partner to stand up for them if they feel insulted, however “liberated” they think they are?

WS may not have chosen the most effective way to deal with the insult to his wife (walking out would have been better) but, when the testosterone kicks in (after a few drinks?), you tend to act rather than think it through…….

Bet he’s got a lot of brownie points back home, anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Might sound a bit Neanderthal (retro?)but I think most (all?) women expect their husband/partner to stand up for them if they feel insulted, however “liberated” they think they are?

WS may not have chosen the most effective way to deal with the insult to his wife (walking out would have been better) but, when the testosterone kicks in (after a few drinks?), you tend to act rather than think it through…….

Bet he’s got a lot of brownie points back home, anyway!

The Komedia are banning couples from attending from next week just in case any women feel insulted and husband/partners start decking comedians...:rolleyes:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thinking about it, if men also took offense at their mother-in-laws being insulted, we might not have had any comedians during the 70s and 80s!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So it seems the majority view is "bantz" to somebodies face who is suffering from an autoimmune disorder is okay if it comes out of the mouth of somebody who calls himself a "comedian"

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
So it seems the majority view is "bantz" to somebodies face who is suffering from an autoimmune disorder is okay if it comes out of the mouth of somebody who calls himself a "comedian"

No it's not "bantz", as you call it - it's a comedian making a tasteless joke (as so many do, regularly), but it didn't warrant a physical assault. If the best you can do to protect your wife/partner/loved one is to use violence, then maybe they're the ones who have chosen wrongly.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think it is also also lucky that he lives so far from the smiths. If he were closer he would be up on some pretty serious stalking charges.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Wrong person.

I don't have a podcast about Smith.

That's where the creepy stalker types come from.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So having skimmed this thread the only thing I'm sure about is Tyron Biggings is going bald and he's very sensitive about it

You seem to have read the room wrong in your skimming.

I'm not the one sensitive about chrome domes jokes.

That would be all the people who think it's fine to whack someone because of a lack of hair joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here