Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Academy Awards

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Which is fine, however if by not putting up with you mean you’d also physically attack someone for making a poor joke then you’re in the wrong. If you mean make a complaint, ask for an apology etc then I 100% agree.

Sadly his use of the word ' shit ' leads me to think he's going for the Neanderthal first option. :facepalm:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You insult my Wife in front of me and don't think I am not going to deck you?

I wouldn't be purple faced, I would calmly step forward and do it and then walk away. :thumbsup:

And you are the embodiment of what's so wrong with so much of society today and why kids are set such a bad example and standards have dropped and violence has risen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And you are the embodiment of what's so wrong with so much of society today and why kids are set such a bad example and standards have dropped and violence has risen.

Funny, feels like it was just yesterday Space Invaders or the VHS was to blame.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You insult my Wife in front of me and don't think I am not going to deck you?

I wouldn't be purple faced, I would calmly step forward and do it and then walk away. :thumbsup:

So you wouldn't turn up to an AAA-List party 2 hours later and dance to a medley of own greatest hits then?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Or maybe, just maybe, as the ceremony has completely lost all relevance and most importantly it's audience, the whole escapade was staged from the start.

[tweet]1508272264449597447[/tweet]

You've obviously not seen much of Jada have you? Prior to any health condition she has always had that lean athletic look.

I think you're being too generous. While there are not enough roles for tough women, there are enough that reaching back 25 years for a reference point for a lean athletic female role is a stretch. Gal Gadot's wonder woman has a lean athletic look. Columbiana, Atomic Blonde, Harley Quinn, modern imaginings of Lara Croft, peppermint, ava, 355, resident evil movies, Terminator (both the classic linda hamilton and the more recent mackenzie davis).

To pull GI Jane is to evoke one thing - the headline grabbing woman shaving her head scene. The movie was sold off the back of 'oh my god, Demi Moore is actually shaving her head!!!'

It absolutely was about her hair.

[tweet]1508452610822574085[/tweet]

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
WS will know at this point that absolutely the best reaction would have been for them both to just walk out. CR would have looked and felt a proper prick, when the Best Actor award was announced, and the big night had a WS shaped hole in it, thanks to him.

I agree on principle the correct thing in WS just walking away.
WS bitch slapping CR, was deserved so, as it was just a cheap and easy shot at an easy target or bullying in other words.
CR has always been a prick, I'm surprised no one has done this earlier.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Whoever his publicist and management team are screwed up putting them front and centre at the Oscars, clearly WS and his wife are not the sort of people to take a CR ribbing for whatever personal reasons. But you don’t hit the court jester especially as WS understands the role of a standup. Very bad show, I may find some stand ups repulsive but it doesn’t give me the right to hit one on stage and then to make matters worse, blame your violent actions on love. I think that sentiment might have sent a chill down some women who’ve been on the receiving end of domestic violence.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
06584ECB-9CA8-4229-A1D0-ACECD826EDBA.jpeg

:lolol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
My view is Will Smith has so many adoring fans around the world that its got to his head that he can do anything he wants without consequences.
The smug grin as he walked back to his seat and the F word tirade didn't look good either.
CR genuinely thought he was coming on stage to share in a bit of banter or mock anger.
I have seen far worse instances of American humour as far as 'roasting' their guest of honour. Anyone seeing William Shatner or George Takei (Sulu) from Star Trek had me cringing ?
I didn't find the joke very funny, but obviously Chris Rock is a popular comedian/ actor for some people.

Also, why turn a punch into a slap at the last second? Just an actor trying to get publicity without being put in jail or worse?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Rock has come out better over this. It was a crap joke and distasteful but Smith's actions were totally over the top. The fact Rock seems to have taken it on the chin, literally and not pressed charges makes him the winner, if there is one in a pretty shoddy situation imo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think Rock has come out better over this. It was a crap joke and distasteful but Smith's actions were totally over the top. The fact Rock seems to have taken it on the chin, literally and not pressed charges makes him the winner, if there is one in a pretty shoddy situation imo

Agreed. Smith has made himself look like a right prat. Rock comes out looking the "bigger man" by not making more of it, or looking to press charges and/or sue him - which in the most litigious nation on the planet, is quite something.

Can you imagine how one of our footballers would have reacted to that slap ? He'd have hit the deck, rolled himself off the stage, down the red carpet and halfway to Santa Monica Boulevard before he'd stopped screaming.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Keep your wig on mate.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Also, why turn a punch into a slap at the last second? Just an actor trying to get publicity without being put in jail or worse?

Must have been quite a few thoughts rushing through Wills mind as he got closer to CR, probably enough time had passed since the onset of his fury that he started to do some initial internal reasoning about consequences, and probably made the decision - just in time - that knocking out the host would be all sorts of not good.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Agreed. Smith has made himself look like a right prat. Rock comes out looking the "bigger man" by not making more of it, or looking to press charges and/or sue him - which in the most litigious nation on the planet, is quite something.

Can you imagine how one of our footballers would have reacted to that slap ? He'd have hit the deck, rolled himself off the stage, down the red carpet and halfway to Santa Monica Boulevard before he'd stopped screaming.

I just find the whole situation a bit sad. I don't think Rock did anything out of his remit, crap and insensitive joke but check out Gervais golden globes and Rebel Wilson bafta's 2022 mentioning her cheating. Rock was shocked and rightly so, shame as Will Smith's Oscar was well overdue after some great performances over the years, I rate seven pounds his best and he seems a great bloke all in all which ruined his deserved moment. No winners here

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Must have been quite a few thoughts rushing through Wills mind as he got closer to CR, probably enough time had passed since the onset of his fury that he started to do some initial internal reasoning about consequences, and probably made the decision - just in time - that knocking out the host would be all sorts of not good.

2UZ8yy.gif

Like this ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here