Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Academy Awards

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
FB_IMG_1648503207259.jpg

Fake as hell!
If you look and watch the clip slowly you can see Chris Rock leaning forward waiting for the smack, then riding it perfectly and just then milliseconds after you can see them both trying not to laugh and the smirks on their face ! This was clearly staged as Hollywood and the Oscars has been irrelevant since covid hit and they’re trying to be relevant again with huge headlines !

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
View attachment 146420

Fake as hell!
If you look and watch the clip slowly you can see Chris Rock leaning forward waiting for the smack, then riding it perfectly and just then milliseconds after you can see them both trying not to laugh and the smirks on their face ! This was clearly staged as Hollywood and the Oscars has been irrelevant since covid hit and they’re trying to be relevant again with huge headlines !

Have to admit it does look quite fake but if it was faked then that is a dreadful misstep by all.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
You seem to have read the room wrong in your skimming.

I'm not the one sensitive about chrome domes jokes.

That would be all the people who think it's fine to whack someone because of a lack of hair joke.

Reads reply, leans back, lights pipe , takes deep satisfying breath of virginian shag. Yes old chap, you've nailed our racist aussie friend there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
View attachment 146420

Fake as hell!

Not really. I seriously doubt Will Smith would agree to that, and enjoy riding out the current fallout that basically ruined what should've been his greatest night as an actor.

As Smith approached, Rock was clearly still in the mock "uh-ohh, here comes papa" moment. He sure didn't believe or expect for one second that Smith was actually going to march up there and clump him. That freeze-frame proves absolutely nothing, because it played out so quickly. He was more likely to raise a fist to Rock in a joking way, and then embrace him in a bear-hug or feign it (which would have been far less outrageous) than what he actually went on and did.

Nice try, but you've basically presented a piss-poor VAR image.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I can't see it as fake. If they wanted publicity and headlines all they had to do was take the option of having Zelenskiy, an actor, give a speech. Why instead have a man mock a woman for a health condition, another man act violently then swear repeatedly on live TV? It's not exactly ever going to create positive sentiment for the ceremony or anyone involved.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
With 35 years in the spotlight I think he was aware what the public reaction would be.

Maybe he wanted to think it through?

Shame he didn't think it through on the night. Hopefully behind the public show of contrition he did privately apologise to Rock.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Shame he didn't think it through on the night. Hopefully behind the public show of contrition he did privately apologise to Rock.

Yeah well there's moments when it is difficult to think things through.

According to Puff Daddy or Piff Diddy or whatever his name is, it appears they made up and became bffs later that night.

Will may have overreacted but nothing compared to everyone else. They get angry with eachother for a minute or so, throw a slap, talk it through, no problems. Meanwhile a billion people still discuss it more than a day later despite it not being the end of the world for anyone.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

According to Puff Daddy or Piff Diddy or whatever his name is, it appears they made up and became bffs later that night.

Will may have overreacted but nothing compared to everyone else. They get angry with eachother for a minute or so, throw a slap, talk it through, no problems. Meanwhile a billion people still discuss it more than a day later despite it not being the end of the world for anyone.

It's because it's not the end of the world that it's light relief to discuss. The end of the world is pretty terrifying, I'd rather occasionally discuss a mega star slapping another mega star than waking up in a cold sweat because I've just dreamed 1000 nuclear bombs are in the air. So yeah, I expect it is welcome inconsequential news relief. Back to war, climate change and the end of the world then. Thread closed.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's because it's not the end of the world that it's light relief to discuss. The end of the world is pretty terrifying, I'd rather occasionally discuss a mega star slapping another mega star than waking up in a cold sweat because I've just dreamed 1000 nuclear bombs are in the air. So yeah, I expect it is welcome inconsequential news relief. Back to war, climate change and the end of the world then. Thread closed.

Hey dont forget viruses...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

queue millions of tip tok posts of homies and bro's bitch slapping each other ......y'all just know...:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here