Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
between 2016 and 20 the Dems had broken almost every rule in the book, the muller enquiry, BLM Riots etc. Its about then that the GOP went into full FY mode.
The Mueller investigation was set up by the Department of Justice whilst Donald Trump was President, by a Trump appointed Deputy Attorney General.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
The Mueller investigation was set up by the Department of Justice whilst Donald Trump was President, by a Trump appointed Deputy Attorney General.
This is not true.

"Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, in his role as Acting Attorney General for matters related to the campaign due to the recusal of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, appointed Mueller, a former Director of the FBI, to serve as Special Counsel..

Rod Rosenstein was appointed as the Deputy Attorney General by President Barack Obama on April 26, 2015."

To FBI lawyers were convicted of lying to gain FISA warrants and the investigation relied on the fake dossier provided by GPS Fusion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you’re not too pleased that Harris has been installed as the Democrat nominee without one single vote

a) She's just a nominee
b) She was voted in as vice-president by more people than any other president/vice president has been (except Biden)
c) Trump tried to stay in power despite having more people vote against him than any other president in history

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But it’s not a Biden/Harris ticket is it. It’s a Harris and who the f*ck knows ticket. I care because a Harris is an ignoramus who dropped out of the race in 2020 before the primaries because she was so unpopular. God forbid she might even win, a disaster for the USA and the world.
If she were to win, then that would suggest she is popular.

As for 'ignoramus': she's an intelligent woman, as opposed to Trump, who makes George W Bush look like Einstein

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This is not true.

"Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, in his role as Acting Attorney General for matters related to the campaign due to the recusal of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, appointed Mueller, a former Director of the FBI, to serve as Special Counsel..

Rod Rosenstein was appointed as the Deputy Attorney General by President Barack Obama on April 26, 2015."

To FBI lawyers were convicted of lying to gain FISA warrants and the investigation relied on the fake dossier provided by GPS Fusion.
when did you first get emotionally invested in trump?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
This is not true.

Erm, not sure where you are quoting that bullshit from*, but his Wikipedia page is quite clear that Trump nominated him as Deputy Attorney General in 2017, as does his biography with the Senate.

Have a read, he's had an interesting career.

* I would say Wikipedia and you just edited the the name and year, but I'm sure you wouldn't be that disingenuous.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This is not true.

This is not true.

@Curious Orange was right - Rosenstein was appointed Deputy Attorney General by Trump not Obama.

He was originally appointed by George Bush as a US Attorney for the State of Maryland in 2005 and Obama kept him on as US Attorney for Maryland - there are 46 US Attorneys in the the USA and it is not unusual for incoming Presidents to fire them. Rosenstein was the only Bush appointed US Attorney to stay on under all three Presidents.

In 2017, Trump appointed Rosenstein as Deputy Attorney General in the hope he would fire James Comey who was leading the FBI investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 Election (and Trump’s possible role in colluding with them). When Jeff Sessions was recused, Trump appointed Rosenstein as acting US Attorney General.

Under pressure from the Democrats, as Trump’s Acting AG, Rosenstein appointed Meuller to take over the FBI investigation.

Trump was unhappy by the outcome of the Meuller report, called Rosenstein treasonist. When Trump appointed Michael Barr as Attorney General, Rosenstein eventually resigned.

You need to note the difference between a US State Attorney and the Deputy/Attorney General of the US and get your facts right and people might stop treating you like a WUM.!

(Perhaps relying on Wiki for your general knowledge about current affairs isn’t the wisest of strategies when arguing your case as a Trump supporter.🙄)

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This is not true.

You probably need to check your facts before telling someone they are posting something that's untrue.

I think you need to apologise to @Curious Orange......

1722717118598.png

And elsewhere.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A simple answer is that he like me is right of centre and he is the one on the ticket.
So you lack the nous to think "actually, although I should support this party, this guy is clearly not fit for office", it's just blind loyalty to you? The sheep looking for a shepherd?

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
Erm, not sure where you are quoting that bullshit from*, but his Wikipedia page is quite clear that Trump nominated him as Deputy Attorney General in 2017, as does his biography with the Senate.

Have a read, he's had an interesting career.

* I would say Wikipedia and you just edited the the name and year, but I'm sure you wouldn't be that disingenuous.
OK, I fact checked you and the data I got was wrong, it was the first thing I questioned. I didn't go any further as the premise that Trump was somehow secretly working for the Russians is and was bullshit and that was the central push of the investigation. As I said 2 FBI lawyers were convicted for lying, the whole premise was a far fetched fantasy. As for others convicted if you throw out a net your going to catch crooks in Washington.

The whole investigation was an attempt to smear, hamper and unseat an elected president.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
So you lack the nous to think "actually, although I should support this party, this guy is clearly not fit for office", it's just blind loyalty to you? The sheep looking for a shepherd?

No, I have already stated its an establishment stitch up. think UK and Farage with the banks, and the media sending an Alf Garnett actor to Clacton but on Steroids.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Trump is running scared now. He knows he would be up against someone who knows how to actually handle a presidential debate now. Only one word describes Trump now------------COWARD!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here