Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Term limits of 18 years and an enforceable code of ethics to stop blatant corruption is not stacking the Supreme Court.

Updated: 4:13, 15 Apr 2021. DEMOCRATS are reportedly set to introduce a bill as early as Thursday to pack the US Supreme Court with four additional justices. The plan would bring the total number of judges up to 13 and swing the court firmly politically left, according to The Intercept.

It didn't happen but its still on the agenda....

"An 18-year term limit for justices would, very conveniently, turn a 6-3 originalist majority into a 6-3 “living and breathing document” majority that would overturn many recent decisions, and rubber stamp a slew of federal abuses."

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
He was literally found guilty of multiple crimes? How much closer to 'close scrutiny' do you want to get?

:lolol:

Well the Democrat Judges could of allowed Cameras in to see what was going on that would be a start.

They will be subject to appeal, the judges may face trial under civil rights laws and its called Lawfare.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well the Democrat Judges could of allowed Cameras in to see what was going on that would be a start.

They will be subject to appeal, the judges may face trial under civil rights laws and its called Lawfare.
How would cameras being allowed in affect the outcome?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Trump followed the rules, Ginsburg had ample time to step down from her position at her age during the Obama regime.
What rules were those? The one's the GOP made up in March of 2016 to claim that it was too close to the election (in November of 2016) to confirm a nominee? But then when RBG passed, they nominated and confirmed Amy Coney Barrett on September 26, 2020, when early voting had already started in several states?

Those "rules"?

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
What rules were those? The one's the GOP made up in March of 2016 to claim that it was too close to the election (in November of 2016) to confirm a nominee? But then when RBG passed, they nominated and confirmed Amy Coney Barrett on September 26, 2020, when early voting had already started in several states?

Those "rules"?
between 2016 and 20 the Dems had broken almost every rule in the book, the muller enquiry, BLM Riots etc. Its about then that the GOP went into full FY mode.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It may not, it would prevent the MSM filtering it and the people would see the stitch up.
You say it’s a stitch up without any hesitation or suggestion that it definitely wasn’t that.

In which case, you must have some bombshell evidence that none of us have seen before, to be so certain.

I for one can’t wait to see these explosive revelations.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Just the end of the USA as we know it.

That is the most idiotic thing you have ever said on here.

It's Trump that has suggested doing away with democratic elections, scraping many govt departments, he already got the Supreme Court to end Rowe vs Wade, (who has already packed the court?) Women are furious at him. He wants to change more in government like do away with officials that acyually know what they are doing with Trump lackies who know hardly anyrhing and you think it's Harris that would end the US government as we know it???? Or is Trump just kidding about all the changes he wants to make?

The problem is the world will change, not just the US, because of all the stupid, idiotic things Trump wants to change in the Federal government. The whole world should be very afraid of what Trump wants to do except of course Putin, he'll be the real power in the world political landscape. Trump loves Putin!

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Oh dear. Donald seems to have lost the racist murderers that got away with it vote:

“‘Remember the Alamo!’ you flatulent lump of New York lard “ :lol:

:guns::guns::guns:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You say it’s a stitch up without any hesitation or suggestion that it definitely wasn’t that.

In which case, you must have some bombshell evidence that none of us have seen before, to be so certain.

I for one can’t wait to see these explosive revelations.
I have to say I am SHOCKED this turned out to be bollocks.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

The context here is that the Democrats are having a multi-day virtual vote ahead of the DNC, mostly in order to meet the deadline that Ohio (embarrassingly enough) have decided to be impose. The actual DNC would be after the deadline for getting on the ballot in Ohio, this has not been a problem previously (the RNC nominating Trump in 2020 was also after the deadline), but Ohio is run by Republicans that are willing to do anything to help their orange king.

The Republicans in Ohio did eventually pass a bill making an exception to the deadline (as they have every other time without drama), but the Democrats do not trust them and aren't willing to take a chance on them "suddenly" changing their mind (the bill making the exception not coming into effect yet).

So the Democrats are voting now, and Harris already has enough votes to become the nominee, although official results will not be announced until Monday.

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
Holy smokes, missed one there. You could have got 90/1 (mostly about 60s) on KH to be the next POTAS a few months ago .... Now just over 6/4ish.

I did have £2 on Truss not to be PM by the end of the year when she was anointed (200/1, but cashed out shortly after the budget for £70).

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Seriously, you are sad that I’m parodying the guy who fatally shot two people during a Black Live Matter protest in Kenosha, Wisc. and said he was instead backing Libertarian candidate Ron Paul because Trump wasn’t pro-Second Amendment enough? You do know the Alamo battle was all about keeping those pesky Mexicans out of Texas (an outlying area at the time of Northern Mexico) and Confederate colonialists fighting to preserve slavery right? Some things never change except our perspectives on how we see them.

(The embedded video of him saying he wouldn’t support Trump because Trump wouldn’t protect his 2nd Amendment rights has been removed from Twitter/X anyway because he has now u-turned unsurprisingly and is as pro-Trump as he ever was and the MAGA poster child again so @Bakero‘s and my post above make little sense now. )

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It’s been an interesting past 3 weeks peeking in from the outside.

Can only but feel a bit sorry for old sleepy joe being all but entirely forgotten about, and cast aside in a matter of days. Only a few weeks after his media supports were claiming “he was still as sharp as he’s ever been”. Ah well.

Initial little confidence in Kamala has quite quickly turned on its head, and she’s proving she can certainly handle herself so far, and will be very interesting to watch over the next weeks and months.

Trump had huge momentum over the past few months with Joes deterioration, after the debate, and then culminating with the assassination attempt. The republicans were riding a red wave - which largely popped and fizzled once Kamala got up and running.

This will be a hugely entertaining race up to November. I really hope for at least 1 debate between the two runners - and of course hope for absolute civility from both of them, and the more ‘excitable’ of supporters.

Personally, my money is still on Trump, but I’m nowhere near as confident as I was a month ago.

I also still wouldn’t like to vote for either of them, had I the option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here