Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He had previously claimed that the American prisoners would be immediately released by Putin if Trump was elected. Released even before he took office. Trump had claimed Putin would do that for him.

Is that what happened for Trump when he was last president?

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
You don’t need to google for “data” on Wiki to know that Rosenstein was appointed by Trump, just a reasonable interest in following American politics on MSM as it happens. Perhaps you’s be a little more guarded in your support for Trump regaining the WH if you were more familiar with his behaviour as POTUS in his first term.

It still doesn’t address the original point being made that it was Rosenstein, a Trump appointed acting Attorney General who appointed Special Counsel to investigate Trump. So arguing that the investigation itself was an “attempt to smear Trump” is fallacious. Why would Trump falsely claim a report that set out to smear him, “exonerated him” if he did not see the Meuller Report as the outcome to a genuine investigation?

So are you an American citizen then?

If not, why would Trump being on the ticket make any difference to where you are on the political spectrum?

I was a bit quick and flippant as I saw it as an irrelevant point unless you have a conspiracy theory of Trump guy, appointed Trump guy muller to hide evidence.

And no you dont get to do forensics on my motives, ive explained them and thats about that for this side issue.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I was a bit quick and flippant as I saw it as an irrelevant point unless you have a conspiracy theory of Trump guy, appointed Trump guy muller to hide evidence.
Well only that I think Trump probably
appointed Rosenstein because he agreed to pen a memo criticising Comey’s handling of the Clinton investigation - Trump thought he would have his backing to sack Comey who was also leading an investigation into Trump.

But in reality, Rosenstein was never Trump’s guy, in fact weeks into stepping into the acting AG role, he suggested Trump should be recorded in the WH to expose the chaos of his administration as a result of firing Comey and Rosenstein also had a conversation with senior WH staff about activating the 25th Amendment.

Trump apparently divulged classified information to the Russians in the WH and tried to pressurise Comey to pledge loyalty to him as well as drop an investigation into one of Trump’s aides.

Do you really want this man back in the WH for another 4 years?

Do you honestly think his second term will be any less contentious or chaotic as his first?
And no you dont get to do forensics on my motives, ive explained them and thats about that for this side issue.
I just asked if you had a vote in the US Election - but you don’t have to reveal personal info - its
fine if you don’t want to admit that you live in a flat in Crawley rather than the MAGA US of A. 🙂

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

You still haven't said where you found the 'quote' that you quoted saying that Obama appointed Rosenstein.

In which case, we have to assume you found a quote and changed it to suit your purposes.

That is not irrelevant in the context of how we perceive any future arguments or quotes you make.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
You still haven't said where you found the 'quote' that you quoted saying that Obama appointed Rosenstein.

In which case, we have to assume you found a quote and changed it to suit your purposes.

That is not irrelevant in the context of how we perceive any future arguments or quotes you make.
I use Yandex search engine. Search engines have wikipedia style drop down boxes with clips of information so I copy pasted it. It was wrong.

Dont worry about assuming the worst about me, you all do it all the time and its reciprocal. There is no love on these threads.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022

Screenshot-2024-08-04-232025.png

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
If she were to win, then that would suggest she is popular.

As for 'ignoramus': she's an intelligent woman, as opposed to Trump, who makes George W Bush look like Einstein
If she were to win it wouldn’t suggest she was popular, just more popular than Trump. She has the distinction of being the most unpopular VP since polling began. I’ve said on here a few times than I’m not a massive fan of Trump, he’s just far better than the alternative, which the current pudding for brains president has proven.

It seems to me that you’re pretty far left politically (like the majority of posters on this thread) and I’m right of center, so we’re not going to agree on much. As far as her being intelligent, I really disagree. You won’t be overly enamored with the source of this link, but it’s a comprehensive list of her sayings and politics that you will not find on MSM sites.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I use Yandex search engine. Search engines have wikipedia style drop down boxes with clips of information so I copy pasted it. It was wrong.

Dont worry about assuming the worst about me, you all do it all the time and its reciprocal. There is no love on these threads.
are you not concerned about all of the other bullshit you have believed over the years?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It seems to me that you’re pretty far left politically (like the majority of posters on this thread) and I’m right of center,
interesting bit of perspective. I'd say many posting on here are moderate centerists and liberal (in the real sense of the word) and that you are quite right of centre.

Of course, the US "left wing" (democratic) party are barely centrist themselves, from a European perspective. So maybe calibration is your issue when judging the rest of us (and ours judging you?)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If she were to win it wouldn’t suggest she was popular, just more popular than Trump.

Isn't that what counts?

She has the distinction of being the most unpopular VP since polling began.

Trump has the distinction of having more people vote against him being president that any other candidate in the history of America.

I’ve said on here a few times than I’m not a massive fan of Trump, he’s just far better than the alternative, which the current pudding for brains president has proven.

We get it, you're a republican and it wouldn't matter what happened, you'd vote for them. Your current president does a better job and is more respected around the world than the previous one

It seems to me that you’re pretty far left politically

No, I've voted Tory more times than Labour. I'm anti trump not because he's right wing, but because he's a nasty, corrupt, stupid (not in itself a crime, but not ideal when trying to run a country) lying racist and criminal who is a threat to democracy and world peace.

we’re not going to agree on much. As far as her being intelligent

We're not going to agree on much because you think Trump is a viable candidate to president of your country and I find that incomprehensible. Trump is the least intelligent leader of any country I've ever known. His ramblings make no sense at all. The man is a complete idiot. 4 years ago, before age started to take its toll (which it will for most of us) he thought you could beat Covid by somehow getting disinfectant into the body. Or maybe shining some light. That's the Covid that he said was nothing and we wouldn't be talking about. That he then U-turned on, and said he was the first to warn of how big it would be. I'm absolutely amazed that you can want him to run your country.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As far as her being intelligent, I really disagree.
Do many US states appoint complete thickos as Attorney General? Or are you confusing “people you disagree with politically” with “people who aren’t intelligent”?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Trump has the distinction of having more people vote against him being president that any other candidate in the history of America.
But he has also had more people vote for him as President than almost anyone else More than twice as many as Kennedy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But he has also had more people vote for him as President than almost anyone else More than twice as many as Kennedy.
But Kennedy was a Catholic.

(This is an extremely pointless narrative. Twice as many people agree with that).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
interesting bit of perspective. I'd say many posting on here are moderate centerists and liberal (in the real sense of the word) and that you are quite right of centre.

Of course, the US "left wing" (democratic) party are barely centrist themselves, from a European perspective. So maybe calibration is your issue when judging the rest of us (and ours judging you?)
It is INSANE some of the things I see referred to as Far Left nowadays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here