Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the cat thing is so weird, instantly debunkable from zero cases reported. reckon he Vance have been fed that by people in the party to torpedo the campaign.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Shooting the messenger is desperate.

catlives.jpg
I'm sorry, what message? That she dated Willie Brown? Everybody knew that. That was not a secret.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Your a liar.

You're.

And no, I'm not.

My post was about political contrition.

I know what your post was about. You said that you saw no reason to criticise Trump, because people here weren't acknowledging the good things he'd done. @Bodian simply asked you to list those good things. Now that the debate is over, he's asked you again. It's really that simple, so I'm not sure why you're getting your nickers in a twist.

You seem to cope with questions as well Trump.

Grow up :rolleyes:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jeez, you’re relying on the “End Wokeness” account now? You really are getting desperate.

OMG, look at the flashy clothes he wears. He's in a (and I literally can't believe I've just seen this with my own eyes) - suit! An actual suit! Have you ever seen anything so outrageous?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Shooting the messenger is desperate.

catlives.jpg
When the messenger in question has a long history of spreading misinformation, they don’t get the benefit of the doubt.

Who next? LibsOfTikTok?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I know what your post was about. You said that you saw no reason to criticise Trump, because people here weren't acknowledging the good things he'd done. @Bodian simply asked you to list those good things. Now that the debate is over, he's asked you again. It's really that simple, so I'm not sure why you're getting your nickers in a twist.
Indeed - that's exactly what I asked @Crawley Dingo . His method of response is typical Trump really - has no answers, so insults and attacks those posing the question.

I guess that really means that it's a struggle to think of the good things Trump has done. Which is the bit relevant to this thread. So, I guess we should leave it there really.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What was Harris' mistruth? Seems foolish to even slip in one. It allows the inevitable false equivalence, "So what if he lied? they BOTH lied?"
from the beeb

"CLAIM: Harris: “Donald Trump left us the worst unemployment since the Great Depression”.

VERDICT: This is false.

At the end of Trump’s term of office in January 2021, the unemployment rate was 6.4%.

But it has been higher since the Great Depression.

In October 2009, unemployment peaked at 10% in a period of deep economic recession.

It has fallen steadily since, apart from a sharp peak during the Covid pandemic, and in the most recent data for August 2024, unemployment stood at 4.2%."

So Trumps unemployment record was shit, but not quite the shittest ever

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's not out of context. Bodian quoted your entire post and asked you to list some of the good things Trump did. Bodian has now quoted the relevant snippet, and asked again.

In your defence, I also can't think of anything good he did.
We are up to five and a half thousand posts on this thread and the question has been asked many times. Nothing has so far been forthcoming (aside from 'he's not Biden and he's 'not quite as old as Biden')

Still we live in hope, and what a list it will be.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
We are up to five and a half thousand posts on this thread and the question has been asked many times. Nothing has so far been forthcoming (aside from 'he's not Biden and he's 'not quite as old as Biden')

Still we live in hope, and what a list it will be.
He failed to kill Obamacare? That was good, if unintentional...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

But he's older than Biden was when he won last time.

All the digs 4 years ago of Biden being too old, now apply even more to Trump, who would be an even older president.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You're.

And no, I'm not.

You seem to cope with questions as well Trump.

Grow up :rolleyes:
It is a good reflection of the madness of this election that a Trump fan boy has their knickers in a twist when pushed on the question: List some of the good things Trump has done.

A simple yet devastating question in this context and one that is seemingly being answered with 'don't quote me out of context' which really means 'i didn't say he did anything good'.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just watched the debate, after deliberately swerving today’s commentary. My views:

Trump one ‘victory’ was on the way the Biden administration ran the Afghanistan departure. That was a sh1t show. But who knows how Trump would’ve managed the final days. I just about remember their chaotic departure from Saigon.

Other than that Harris was clearly the more mature and plausible candidate, with real policies. Trump offered little other than tariffs on imports. He came across as an infant, wild lies, with cringy narcissistic stuff eg on repeat telling viewers how successful and wealthy he is.

Like robots, he’ll still accrue 75m votes. Registered Republicans, born again Christians, racists, people who believe in a small state and negligible taxation, no welfare state and working class folk in rust belt cities who’ve suffered.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here