Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Trump quack, advisor, supporter. Got off Trumps aircraft with him prior to debate.

The scare mongering is frightening in this day and age, a throw back to the cold war.
They might as well really change the name of the political party and be done with it, so it is as clear as day from the Republicans to the NNN aka Neo Nazi Neanderthals.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The scare mongering is frightening in this day and age, a throw back to the cold war.
They might as well really change the name of the political party and be done with it, so it is as clear as day from the Republicans to the NNN aka Neo Nazi Neanderthals.
She doesn't sound very nice

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Trump quack, advisor, supporter. Got off Trumps aircraft with him prior to debate.

Terrifying. Even if you went back to the most politically incorrect TV show of the 1970s, and a character that was deliberately written to be as racist as they thought they possibly get away with, they would have drawn the line at that.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Screenshot_20240912_120610_Photos.jpg

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Well, I think Trump did quite poorly and Harris did better than I expected, in as much as she memorized her lines flawlessly without saying anything of substance. She’s an empty pant suit IMO, with not one authentic bone in her body, being run by the same people who are currently running the country, whoever the hell they may be…

ABC were a disgrace, moderators my arse, it was an assault on Trump.

In fact, the moderators allowed Trump to talk much more than Harris. They unmuted his mic on several occasions when a question has already been wrapped up to allow him to spew more vile nonsense and dig the hole he was in even deeper.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Did anyone actually read the Federalist story that lasveg-gas posted?

It's so full of lies itself. A great example from their Supreme Leader of how to craft lies. Heil Drumpf!
I read through the whole thing, which was full of their lies and distortions. Number 1 said she lied about being middle-class because, in their opinion, she is not. It only got worse from there.
The only verifiable untruth she told was saying inflation under Trump was the highest since the Second World War.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I read an article on the Sky News website earlier, and they found a Republican voter who said they planned on voting for Trump despite admitting that they think he is a lunatic, but at least he isn't a Democrat.

Edit: Found it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Did anyone actually read the Federalist story that lasveg-gas posted?

It's so full of lies itself. A great example from their Supreme Leader of how to craft lies. Heil Drumpf!
From wiki....

The Federalist has not disclosed its funding sources and critics have asked who is funding the site, since ad revenue alone would not be enough for the publication to sustain its staff of 14

Sounds pukka

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s interesting how the pro-Trump mob have to claim Kamala Harris lied with things like “she said inflation is 3.1% when it’s actually 3.4%” when Trump got fact checked for saying the Democrats are in favour of mass infanticide

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In fact, the moderators allowed Trump to talk much more than Harris. They unmuted his mic on several occasions when a question has already been wrapped up to allow him to spew more vile nonsense and dig the hole he was in even deeper.
Quite, I watched it last night and lost count of the amount of times Trump was allowed to speak over the "moderators" and get another 30 seconds to a minute to spout his shit over the time he was allowed without Harris then being given time to go back on that. The one time that Harris tried that, she was spoken over and had to keep quiet. Trumpies are moaning it was 3 against 1, I'd argue it was closer to the other way around.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trump's arse must get so jealous of all the shit that comes out of his mouth.
The sad fact of life is there are tens of millions of people that feel so disenfranchised by a country with 50% higher GDP per capita than our own, they are prepared to turn a blind eye to anything.

Something has gone seriously wrong.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on @lasvegan. It is OK to say you are prepared to put up with all Trump's "idiosyncracies" because there is some expectation that his policies will benefit you personally more than the opposition's will.

Exactly. The reasons for voting Trump fall into a few categories:
* He'll make tax cuts or do similar that will help you personally, and to hell with everyone else
* You're racist, homophobic, transphobic etc
* You're thick as shit

If you're denying the second two, be honest about the first.

But it is a mistake to attempt to defend your position to all comers with an attempt at reasoning and logic. Why bother? It's preaching. It's like Christian Scientists. That's where understandable perceptions of self interest, or harmless prejudice or religious belief morph into cultism.

Exactly. Trying to defend something completely illogical with logic is, well, illogical. And that's being kind.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wow. So Facebook allows racist tropes. I never knew (because all my Facebook friends are nice).

Into the sea with her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here