• I will enjoy the day off and play golf or something

Votes: 38 16.4%
  • I will have a party as I hated her

Votes: 96 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Money is not bad Tom, if someone has worked their nuts off and passed exmas and occupational qualifications, worked 60 hours plus a week what should they not have " loadsaomoney ". The Labour philospohy is any one over £ 20000 pa must be knocked down and taxed until their eyes bleed.

I earn a six figure income and pay little tax, so I can't agree with you there US.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
....er....why not invest in manufacturing something someone needed? Numerous other countries started doing this around the time of Thatcher. We just sold everything off to the highest bidder and ended up with a crap service economy. And before someone says manufacturing is now dead as the Chinese do it cheaper just look across the channel at Europe and especially Germany. Plenty of good quality things being made over there which people are keen to buy. Germany still is the king of exports. That could have been us.

Easier said than done? Surely that would have been considered and actioned if it were a viable option?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Never mind, eh, you'll have your Tory Boy government soon enough. Then you won't have to worry anymore about the NHS, public transport or a sub standard eduction system. As long as you got LOADSAMONEY that is.
where exactly do you get the idea that i dont care about any of the above,you just cant accept that someone can want to do well for themself and also care about other people can you ? you strike me as very similar to herr tubthumper, probably well educated and intelligent but bitter because your not as successful in life as you believe its your right to be.

Dandyman

In London village.
hmmm lets see, independence of india , that went well didnt it , how many died as a result of partition ?nhs and welfare state ill give you but would have thought nye bevan deserved more credit, and id be interested to know exactly how he rescued the mines and railways from collapse? and by affordable housing dont you really mean council houses ? and if so why not just say it ?

Glad to see you recognising Nye Bevan's lasting contribution to the nation. India's independence was long overdue - partition should be blamed on Jinnah and the mishandling of it to some degree on Mountbatten.

The nationalisation of the mining industry was prompted at least in part by the fact that antiquated equipment had been worked to it's limit during the war and now needed major investment and renewal, manpower was becoming scarcer and thus wages looked to rise and the growth of oil threatened the industry's dominant position as fuel supplier to the nation.

Council provided housing remains one of the best things to happen to this country - do you really think property would so far beyond the reach of young people if we were still building social housing?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I shall write a complaint to ITV for taking Loose Women off the screen.

:jester:

Oct 25, 2003
The Thatcher haters are so blinkered to see no good and just bad and they need to have a look at how much their beloved Labour government have f***ed up this country and take their heads out of their self important worthy bleeding hearted backsides imo.

can you only hate thatcher if you vote for new labour then?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Glad to see you recognising Nye Bevan's lasting contribution to the nation. India's independence was long overdue - partition should be blamed on Jinnah and the mishandling of it to some degree on Mountbatten.

The nationalisation of the mining industry was prompted at least in part by the fact that antiquated equipment had been worked to it's limit during the war and now needed major investment and renewal, manpower was becoming scarcer and thus wages looked to rise and the growth of oil threatened the industry's dominant position as fuel supplier to the nation.

Council provided housing remains one of the best things to happen to this country - do you really think property would so far beyond the reach of young people if we were still building social housing?
i totally disagree with the sale of council housing, and as for partition well, he didnt oversee it very well did he ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I earn a six figure income and pay little tax, so I can't agree with you there US.

You should be paying around £ 50000 pa from a £ 100000 pa income in tax and national insurance so I can only assume you are a high class cash in hand call girl.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
You should be paying around £ 50000 pa from a £ 100000 pa income in tax and national insurance so I can only assume you are a high class cash in hand call girl.

I pay nothing like that, thanks to my accountant, and whilst we all prostitute ourselves at times for money, I manage to keep my clothes on whilst bringing in the wedge.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Of course thats the stuff of poets and romantics isn't it, the darken sooty face of some Northern Gezzer working " down't pit " to support his family. Lets go on a march in London hang on what about all the families and communities that will be dessimated down South by the job losses in the finance and estate agent/property sectors in the next 2 years by Brown and the Labour government, no it does not tug on the heart string as much does it, no march, no outcry to the government f*** em.

You asked the question. You're missing my point. There's been alot wrong with New labour and John Major, but neither of them set out with the sole purpose of closing down entire industries and cosigning entire communities to misery and unemployment. All Gov'ts f*** things up, but Thatcher declared war and armed with the monetarist theories of her mentor Keith Joseph, did not give a flying f*** about what happened to the people left in those communities particularly in the North. That's why she is despised by so many. Brown maybe a crap PM as was Major but you can't say they intentionally want/wanted people working in your industries to have a hard time.

f*** her.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I really don't understand why Thatcher should get a state funeral. I can't see thousands of people lining the route sobbing.

I won't be celebratiing with a party. I already enjoyed her being stabbed in the back by her cronies all those years ago.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The tragedy of new labour is not that they have ruined the country, but they have done so little to improve the mess they inherited from Major.

Thats bullshit for a start

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Correct, the did not inherit a mess from Major, most things were looking fine and dandy in 1997.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Correct, the did not inherit a mess from Major, most things were looking fine and dandy in 1997.

Out of interest US, are you earning more or less than in 1997? I am earning four times as much as I was then, so no complaints from me. Even stripping out inflation since then it is a considerable increase in my living standards.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This year probably less.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What business are you in ?.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Out of interest US, are you earning more or less than in 1997? I am earning four times as much as I was then, so no complaints from me. Even stripping out inflation since then it is a considerable increase in my living standards.

I expect most peoples wages have gone up in ten years.So has

Fuel
Renting
Water,gas,electricty
Council tax
Road tax
Transport

The list goes on and on

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Typical of my generation.. hated her and still hate her but I won't have a party as that's just making me as bad as her.

Much as I hate her I am forced to begrudgingly admit that, at least until Kinnock started changing Labour in the late nineties there really wasn't any other realistic choice than Thatcher. They say democracy is getting the government we deserve and maybe we deserved Thatcher to make us open our eyes to the fact we were not an insular Empire any more.

Still, as Elvis says... I will probably tramp the earth down over her grave to make sure she doesn't come back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here