• I will have a party as I hated her

Votes: 96 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll get my cloth hat and join the NUM with Scargill as twill be te glorious day

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't be arsed with being drawn into another Thatcher argument or indeed read through this entire thread, so I'll limit myself to the thoughts that she was best friends with General Pinochet (directly responsible for an overthrowing an elected head of state and then the disappearing of over 2,000 of his countrymen) and famously went on record to state that Nelson Mandela was a terrorist in a feeble attempt to justify our trade ties with apartheid South Africa (whilst maintaining a friendship with Pic Botha).

For that alone, she is scum and always will be.

Quite. [except for the bit where you say 'for that alone'.] 'For that and LOADS MORE' would be more appropriate.

Has it actually been said anywhere that she will get a state funeral?

The Daily [Hate-] Mail

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Stamp Duty, Inheritance Tax, Robbery of Pension Funds, Mismanagement of the economy, growth based on credit and not sustainable basis, Northern Rock fiasco, lack of consumer and business confidence in this government, I could go on but they are to blame for a lot of the mess we are in.

1. Stamp Duty, I have a big house, I can afford to pay stamp duty if I sell it.
2. Inheritance Tax: Only paid by fools, how much have you paid US?
3: Robbery of Pension Funds: The pension funds have been robbing employees for years, pot calling kettle black. Shall we get started on the endowment scheme fiasco that was encouraged by estate agents and banks 20 years ago, which has left loads of people out of pocket.
4: Mismanagement of the economy, please provide details of average inflation, GDP growth, unemployment over the last ten years, and compare them to the previous ten(or eighteen) before making such a statement. If they are worse under New Labour (who I would repeat I am no fan of), then I will concede on this.
5: Lack of consumer confidence, have you seen how much they have been spending on credit cards, they don't do that if lacking in confidence.

Labour are nothing special, but your analysis is completely lacking in objectivity.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its coming to something, on a political thread, when your arguments are shot down by a comedy poster.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
3: Robbery of Pension Funds: The pension funds have been robbing employees for years, pot calling kettle black. Shall we get started on the endowment scheme fiasco that was encouraged by estate agents and banks 20 years ago, which has left loads of people out of pocket.
4: Mismanagement of the economy, please provide details of average inflation, GDP growth, unemployment over the last ten years, and compare them to the previous ten(or eighteen) before making such a statement. If they are worse under New Labour (who I would repeat I am no fan of), then I will concede on this.
5: Lack of consumer confidence, have you seen how much they have been spending on credit cards, they don't do that if lacking in confidence.

Labour are nothing special, but your analysis is completely lacking in objectivity.
erm, you pay stamp duty when you buy a house, surely with your " big house" you would have known that ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1. You do not pay stamp duty for selling
2. No answer at all
3. I was talking about the pension situation which is 100 times more serious than any endowment problems
4. Look at previous posts about inheriting the best economy conditions ever and the fact Brown rode the wave of global prosperity, low inflation and low interest rates
5. I am talking about now not last year, I think you will find the confidence now is not quite as high as it was

So in short you have not answered any of the points

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Its coming to something, on a political thread, when your arguments are shot down by a comedy poster.

I know US's views are simplistic to the point of cvomplete ignorance, but I always thought they were sincere rather than for pure comedy effect. So many things now make sense :O

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ignorance of what Mr Clever.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Yes I agree, paying stamp duty when selling a property

No need to sneer at another poster US, you demean yourself in doing so. I have no need to either buy or sell a property, so mine was a genuine error, that I do not believe warranted a patronising response.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Thatcher haters are so blinkered to see no good and just bad and they need to have a look at how much their beloved Labour government have f***ed up this country and take their heads out of their self important worthy bleeding hearted backsides imo.

...why do you assume that Thatcher haters are Labour lovers?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ignorance of what Mr Clever.
The facts, mostly.

Your assertion that people on low wages should have no sympathy and should take responsibilty in most circumstances for their low wages is the sort of crass simplistic view that one should come to expect from you and bears no relation to reality. Certainly, there are people who haven't helped themselves but yours is a typically blanket catch-all statement designed to make yourself feel better about supporting a right wing meglomaniac.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At the time of Thatcher the country needed a lot less miners but the romantics and poets and bleedig hreats went on marches on wrote poems and wrote songs about it

..and given you are in so much disagreement with the government what are you doing other than typing a few posts to a website? Maybe if you got of your fat arse then you would get the government you want.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The facts, mostly.

Your assertion that people on low wages should have no sympathy and should take responsibilty in most circumstances for their low wages is the sort of crass simplistic view that one should come to expect from you and bears no relation to reality. Certainly, there are people who haven't helped themselves but yours is a typically blanket catch-all statement designed to make yourself feel better about supporting a right wing meglomaniac.

For heavens sake that is not what I said as well you know. I feel no need to change that comment as its the truth. Not all people on low wages should be proped up by the state. Being self employed and a tough year I do not expect Brown to top up my income as the mortgage market is 65% down this year I will tough it out or get a 2nd job.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
..and given you are in so much disagreement with the government what are you doing other than typing a few posts to a website? Maybe if you got of your fat arse then you would get the government you want.

How by getting off my far arse will that change the government and what do you mean exactly ?.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
im still waiting for your answer on exactly what banking deregulation under thatcher led to irresponsible bank lending ?

Quite. [except for the bit where you say 'for that alone'.] 'For that and LOADS MORE' would be more appropriate.

The Daily [Hate-] Mail

This from todays Daily Mirror
:rant::rant:
And it will COST THE TAXPAYER, £3 MILLION:rant::rant:

Margaret Thatcher to have £3million state funeral
First for any PM since Churchill
By Jason Beattie Deputy Political Editor 14/07/2008

Margaret Thatcher will have a £3million state funeral.

The Tory will be the first Prime Minister since Sir Winston Churchill to be given the honour. Plans, backed by the Queen and Gordon Brown, have already been drawn up to mark the occasion at St Paul's cathedral in central London. It has not yet been decided if her body will lie in state at Parliament's Westminster Hall.

The plans will cause fury across the land because her time in office in the 1980s was deeply divisive and she was hounded out by her own party over the hated poll tax. Labour MP, former miner Ronnie Campbell, was stopped from proposing a Commons' motion putting a stop to the lavish send-off.

He said it would split the country. Thatcher, 82, closed mines, shipyards and steelworks in Labour's heartlands and her "cruel and divisive reign" should not be commemorated.

Advertisement

and i for one will be quite happy to :dance: on her grave

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
im still waiting for your answer on exactly what banking deregulation under thatcher led to irresponsible bank lending ?

throw away comments like his and others cannot be backed up with a decent addition to the debate, its just a throw away remark

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here