Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Was Absolute Shite

pasty said:
I agree with the "crap performace" brigade. If Wednesday had had a half decent striker we would have lost 6-0. the amount of chances they created but didn't convert was ridiculous. At one point before I lost count, the sky stats showed 18-6 shots on goal.

Don't think so, that was total shots - shots on target was much closer and a truer reflection of the game. Wednesday did blaze a load of shots high wide and handsome from everywhere, that N Irish striker likes a dip as soon as he gets within 30 yard range!

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
London Irish said:
Wednesday did blaze a load of shots high wide and handsome

Which kinda backs up my point, if they had had a half decent striker........

Last edited:

If they'd have been more patient in their build-up play and tried to create better chances, they might not have got any shot in. I just think shots off target can be quite a misleading stat as times, a bit like our ABSOLUTE DOMINATION of corners :)

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
London Irish said:
If they'd have been more patient in their build-up play and tried to create better chances, they might not have got any shot in. I just think shots off target can be quite a misleading stat as times, a bit like our ABSOLUTE DOMINATION of corners :)

God I wish we would just WHIP one in

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Did I dream this, but there was a time when Coppell was in charge just before Mcghee came on board (and just to add I think Mcghee is a miracle worker), when we used to play very low crosses in front of the defence that usually Knight would get hold of.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I was there. It was crap. But who cares - you can't beat the feeleing when a last min goal goes your way.
Have been to our last four games in Sheffield. Each had a decisive injury time goal. Two to us & two against.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: That Was Absolute Shite

eastlondonseagull said:
Did you go to Gillingham DTG? Come on man, it weren't that bad!

Every single game at Gillinham including the funny cup games!!

We were truly awful last night and mugged Wednesday.

I am at a loss why we play like we did against palace and Plymouth and then play like we did against Cardiff and Sheff Wed.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Soul Finger said:
Totally, totally, totally agree Dwayne.

FFS, we're away from home. Best midfielder injured, home side resigned to shooting from outside the box, OK performance from us.

DtG, check the phrase underneath my name; 'against overreaction'.

If you think that was the worst game you've ever seen you never went to Gillingham or the last season at The Goldstone.

For Christ's sake man. get a f***ing grip.

Get a f***ing grip yourself wanker.

we are all allowed opinions and my opinion was that we were totally shite in the first half.

If you want someone to always agree with your views go and post on Brightonfans or something

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
clapham_gull said:
Did I dream this, but there was a time when Coppell was in charge just before Mcghee came on board (and just to add I think Mcghee is a miracle worker), when we used to play very low crosses in front of the defence that usually Knight would get hold of.

Yep coz funnily enough leon is 4ft and he aint gonna outjump a 6ft 7 centre back.

Its called PLAYING TO YOUR STRENGTHS.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Re: Re: Re: That Was Absolute Shite

dave the gaffer said:
Every single game at Gillinham including the funny cup games!!

We were truly awful last night and mugged Wednesday.

I am at a loss why we play like we did against palace and Plymouth and then play like we did against Cardiff and Sheff Wed.

It's all in the mind, mate. I seriously think we need to get some kind of sports psychologist on board, cos when we're in the right frame of mind - ie Palace - we can play really well.

But I still disagree with your assertion that it was the worst you've ever seen the Albion play. You went to Priestfield, like me, and boy that was bad :lolol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
beorhthelm said:
last game on TV was Reading and that was truely woeful: long ball, knocked though our midfield with no resistance and hoofed back to their centre halfs.

I think Ipswich was our last game on tv.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: That Was Absolute Shite

eastlondonseagull said:
It's all in the mind, mate. I seriously think we need to get some kind of sports psychologist on board, cos when we're in the right frame of mind - ie Palace - we can play really well.

But I still disagree with your assertion that it was the worst you've ever seen the Albion play. You went to Priestfield, like me, and boy that was bad :lolol:

I was basing it on the fact that in the first half, we couldn't put two passes together...in fact we struggled to put 1 pass in!

Oldham away was my worst game......5-1 or something like that on the artificial pitch. I seem to recall being so cold, my fingers almost froze with frostbite.

To be honest I have expunged most of the games at Gillingham out of my memory ( Millwall in the cup 6-1). Darlington 4-0 where it was a bring the kids for a £1 day....we should have paid them to come.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Now you are reminding me:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

cardiff at home when my daughter was mascot.

She was supposed to meet Jeff Wood and the players after the game, but we were so shite, Jeff Wood would not let her near the changing rooms in case she vented her spleen at them - and she was only 8 at the time.

She never went again

LOL

BTW My wife said to me last night " No wonder you have gone grey...I would after watching that crap ...."

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
So last night's 1-1 draw away to Sheffield Wednesday (where we've never won a league game) was worse than:

27/8/96 Div 3 (A) Barnet - Lost 0-3
19/10/96 Div 3 (A) Doncaster Rovers - Lost 0-3
29/10/96 Div 3 (A) Rochdale - Lost 0-3
3/12/96 Div 3 (H) Darlington - Lost 2-3
22/12/96 Div 3 (A) Leyton Orient - Lost 0-2
26/8/97 L/Cup R1 L2 (A) Leyton Orient - Lost 1-3
20/9/97 Div 3 (A) Torquay United - Lost 0-3
5/11/97 Div 3 (H) Barnet - Lost 0-3
22/11/97 Div 3 (H) Cardiff City - Lost 0-1
6/1/98 AWS R2 (A) Walsall - Lost 0-5
7/2/98 Div 3 (H) Torquay United - Lost 1-4
14/2/98 Div 3 (H) Doncaster Rovers - Drew 0-0
21/3/98 Div 3 (H) Cambridge United - Lost 0-2
22/8/98 Div 3 (A) Brentford - Lost 0-2
26/9/98 Div 3 (H) Scunthorpe United - Lost 1-3
20/10/98 Div 3 (H) Plymouth Argyle - Lost 1-3
5/1/99 AWS R2 (H) Millwall - Lost 1-5
20/2/98 Div 3 (A) Southend United - Lost 0-3
13/3/98 Div 3 (H) Darlington - Lost 0-4
27/3/98 Div 3 (H) Barnet - Lost 0-1
6/4/98 Div 3 (H) Cambridge United - Lost 1-3

Just a touch of hyperbole being thrown around at the moment. I reckon you have to get through at least that lot before there can be any mention of "worst game ever".

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I've worked out that I saw 13 of those games I listed.

Dear God.

Why on earth I ever attended another match after witnessing just ONE of them is beyond my comprehension. And that's just games from the period 96 to 98. Reckon people with memories of the 60's could come up with even worse.

Losing at home to Workington in Division 4 anyone?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
So last night's 1-1 draw away to Sheffield Wednesday (where we've never won a league game) was worse than:

Just a touch of hyperbole being thrown around at the moment. I reckon you have to get through at least that lot before there can be any mention of "worst game ever".

WORST HALF!!!!!! WORST HALF!!!!! READ THE f***ing POST

BTW I was at all of them as I have been goinmg since 1974

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
dave the gaffer said:
WORST HALF!!!!!! WORST HALF!!!!! READ THE f***ing POST

BTW I was at all of them as I have been goinmg since 1974

but Dave we were a lot worse in the second half???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here