Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Was Absolute Shite

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Last night wasn't the "worst ever" by a long stretch, but I'm sorry, we WERE piss-poor, and anyone who thinks we were any better is deluding themselves a little. That last-gasp equaliser put a bit of polish on to a turd of a performance. I don't think I've ever seen us caught offside so often - it was just brainless stuff. Passing was woeful, and if Wednesday had anything like a decent finisher in their side, we'd have been dead and buried long, long before the end.

Credit to the lads for just about hanging in there and rescuing a point - it WAS a good result, and I'd have happily taken that before a ball was kicked. But please don't try to tell me that we played well - we muddled through and snatched an equaliser we didn't really deserve. Thats it. Valuable point, now onto the next game.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there you have me! I thought we marginally improved in the second half...we played some nice stuff for 15 minutes......klittle short passes, etc etc

BTW the second "offside" Leon was never going to get anyway as the keeper was out of his goal very quickly but Hey.....

steve-c

dtg , i also went to every match at priestfield, and i'm certain that i saw a lot worse than the first half last night, but hey we got a point, when we deserved none, so maybe just maybe that point or goal just might keep us up, and do we ever play well before xmas. :drink:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
Get a f***ing grip yourself wanker.

we are all allowed opinions and my opinion was that we were totally shite in the first half.

If you want someone to always agree with your views go and post on Brightonfans or something

Cheers DtG. That's exactly the sort of reply I've come to expect.

Of course we're all allowed opinions.

'Get a f***ing grip yourself wanker'

Are you 12 or something?

You'll be saying 'talk to the hand' or 'whatever' in a minute.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Maybe....

I tend to look at it as two points lost.

We really should be beating teams like Sheffield Wednesday who lets be honest are a very poor side.

We lost to Norwich who totally outclassed us, who have then gone on to be dicked in the following games.

Its all well and good drawing but the fact still remains we are not winning matches, and on last nights performance , we never looked like we would.

we will see what saturday is like, bacause Ipswich have been losing to some very strange teams and my Ipswich mate at work recons they are playing appaulingly...if we fail to get 3 points then I am sure the writing is on the wall.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Soul Finger said:
Cheers DtG. That's exactly the sort of reply I've come to expect.

Of course we're all allowed opinions.

'Get a f***ing grip yourself wanker'

Are you 12 or something?

You'll be saying 'talk to the hand' or 'whatever' in a minute.

The you wont be dissapointed will you?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Easy 10 said:
Last night wasn't the "worst ever" by a long stretch, but I'm sorry, we WERE piss-poor, and anyone who thinks we were any better is deluding themselves a little. That last-gasp equaliser put a bit of polish on to a turd of a performance. I don't think I've ever seen us caught offside so often - it was just brainless stuff. Passing was woeful, and if Wednesday had anything like a decent finisher in their side, we'd have been dead and buried long, long before the end.

Credit to the lads for just about hanging in there and rescuing a point - it WAS a good result, and I'd have happily taken that before a ball was kicked. But please don't try to tell me that we played well - we muddled through and snatched an equaliser we didn't really deserve. Thats it. Valuable point, now onto the next game.

Fair shout. Can't really put my finger on where we went wrong. We seemed to rely on that curling hoof pass from just outside the centre circle aimed at the forwards. Leon, for all his efforts, is simply not tall enough to win those types of passes. He did win a few, but they pinged off all over the place.

For their goal we backed off and backed off and you just knew it was going in. Granted, their finishing was shite but the fact is we hung in there and nicked a point, as you say Easy.

The problem with watching a game in the pub is that you sometimes miss the flow because you're chatting etc. That's what happened to me last night. Oh well, a point's a point.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Easy 10 said:

What he said, it was woeful. Really happy with the point, but can't really and truthfully "bigup" that performance what so ever, except perhaps ...well done lads for fighhting up to the whistle!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Okay, we didn't set the world alight, but we looked neat until the final third and most of Wednesday's "chances" were pot shots from 25 yards.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I thought we were f'ing brilliant.
A real good advert for Championship football.:clap2:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
What half?

Note to self: Always read the whole thread before responding.

Actually I thought we were WORSE in the 2nd half than the 1st, especially after they took the lead and seemed to take a stranglehold on the game. In a way it's good to know there's a team out there that has an even more misfiring front line than ourselves. Their performance kind of reminded me of ours in the 1st half vs Crewe. We should have had that game wrapped up by half time but we couldn't finish and nearly paid a heavy price if it hadn't been for Hammond.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
We are a fickle bunch aren't we. OK so we didn't play to the high tempo we did against Crippled Alice, but come on think about it - the crowd were up for it last Tuesday, great atmosphere, adrenalin pumping on and off the pitch so if the crowd weren't up for it last night it must be the same for the players. Trying to raise your game again to that high level would also be hard. How about we think about it from a distance, we didn't play well and we got a point. To me that means success on the night, think about how Sheffield Wednesday are feeling. My guess is feel like they have lost rather than getting a point. Roll on Saturday and hopefully party time with a FALMER yes in the bag.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Easy 10 said:
...we WERE piss-poor, and anyone who thinks we were any better is deluding themselves a little.....

McGhee you mean???

Not sure how he can think we deserved a point but who cares! We got one at the end of the day and thats all that matters! Kind of like.... you know what I mean. Game of two halfs

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
SurreySeagulls said:
We are a fickle bunch aren't we. OK so we didn't play to the high tempo we did against Crippled Alice, but come on think about it - the crowd were up for it last Tuesday, great atmosphere, adrenalin pumping on and off the pitch so if the crowd weren't up for it last night it must be the same for the players. Trying to raise your game again to that high level would also be hard. How about we think about it from a distance, we didn't play well and we got a point. To me that means success on the night, think about how Sheffield Wednesday are feeling. My guess is feel like they have lost rather than getting a point. Roll on Saturday and hopefully party time with a FALMER yes in the bag.

feel much better now after reading that.....thanks Surrey..:lolol: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here