Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Was Absolute Shite

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
That was a dreadful match to watch - So poor, I left the Pond House Public House in the 89th minute.... only to hear 5 live report stunned Sheff Wed supporters leaving Hillsborough......

.......why does that always happen?

:angry: :shootself :down: :nono: :censored:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ow well, we get a new stadium tomorrow!!

:clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :drink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tooting Gull said:
Gaffer, I think you are forgetting Albion 0 Doncaster 0, season 1997-8 at the Priesfield. It wasn't football. I don't know what it was.
That was the worst game of football I've EVER seen.

Can you believe 6,500 paid to see that. :nono:

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
1066Seagull said:
iI agree it was a crap performance. I mean, we were on Sky, and what are the chances Sky wanting to buy us again?
at least we'll get to play on a fuckin saturday and we'll be able to fuckin go:angry:

Jul 20, 2003
Simster said:

22,500 last time this fixture was played

still at least lots of people got to see it on TV

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
dwayne said:
I thought we were quite good in the first half. I think a few people were getting carried away after Palace. Second half we were all over the place, especially in midfield. I remember in the nineties going to away matches and being lucky to get a shot on target the whole match, people are spoilt these days.

Reckon we DESPERATELY need a big man up front mind.
Totally agree. We are a Neil Shipperley type of player from being a solid mid table side. OK, we were utter gash from the moment they scored, but before then we looked neat and untroubled - just didn't look like scoring ourselves really.

1066Seagull said:
iI agree it was a crap performance. I mean, we were on Sky, and what are the chances Sky wanting to buy us again?

Pretty good I think, they're heading our way in a few weeks! And we always give 'em a few dramatic Virgo-esque finishes!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Biggest over reaction to a match EVER!!!! I can think of plenty worse games/performances, let's take Swindon in the play offs and Reading at home last season on the box. We get a good result against Palace in our cup final and suddenly everyone expects class every match. It ain't gonna happen lads, we've still got a lightweight , slightly toothless side

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
Simster said:

Don't forget they were only paying a tenner and they still couldn't fill the stadium, we got the 'worst support we've ever seen'chants but even Radio Sheffield acknowledged it was a long way to go on a Monday night - I was listening to the commentary at the stadium, they said that they were all over us for the first 15 minutes then they changed their view saying we took control, i don't know what they said about the 2nd half cos a power cut cut the radio feed ...:lolol:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Some justice. Kuqi scored in the last min to make it 1-1 before, and im sure they scored a last minute goal last time to win 2-1.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
dwayne said:
Biggest over reaction to a match EVER!!!! I can think of plenty worse games/performances, let's take Swindon in the play offs and Reading at home last season on the box. We get a good result against Palace in our cup final and suddenly everyone expects class every match. It ain't gonna happen lads, we've still got a lightweight , slightly toothless side

Totally, totally, totally agree Dwayne.

FFS, we're away from home. Best midfielder injured, home side resigned to shooting from outside the box, OK performance from us.

DtG, check the phrase underneath my name; 'against overreaction'.

If you think that was the worst game you've ever seen you never went to Gillingham or the last season at The Goldstone.

For Christ's sake man. get a f***ing grip.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I really, really hate to agree with dwayne, but what the hell is everyone complaining about? last game on TV was Reading and that was truely woeful: long ball, knocked though our midfield with no resistance and hoofed back to their centre halfs.

Tonight was a spirited away performance, if lacking in quality. at the end of the first half it looked like a goal from either side would settle it, but after going behind and weathering a bag of chances, we held it together and scrapped a draw.

Good result on the road as far as im concerned.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
We didn't lose and with a more competent linesman we could have won. What's all this about the worst performance this season? The whole game balanced on the team that scored first. That should have been us, but we still showed enough spirit to come back. We'll be OK - you just have to believe.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Jim D said:
We didn't lose and with a more competent linesman we could have won. What's all this about the worst performance this season? The whole game balanced on the team that scored first. That should have been us, but we still showed enough spirit to come back. We'll be OK - you just have to believe.

Concur

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
We kept going until the end, which it seems, is Sheffield's problem. They don't

I will definitely settle for a point away at Sheffield. The tables and programmes don't say how we played, they just show the results.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
dwayne said:

Anyone remember the 0-0 vs wrexham when we were promoted from div 2?
Utter drivel...a chanceless,hapless and all but pointless game but for someone who's first game was a 0-0 draw against bristol city,what did i expect?

On tonight's result, does the performance matter week in week out? no! to be honest, after the last 5 seasons that we've had i'm very very happy with dull

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The problem is with the match being on telly you end up with shedloads of fans who've watched the game who wouldn't normally, and everyone of them thinks they know the score when in fact they don't.

It wasn't great but as has been pointed out there have been some far worse performances in our recent history and we should be grateful for a point away from home, even if it was tenuous

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bluejuice said:

It wasn't great but as has been pointed out there have been some far worse performances in our recent history and we should be grateful for a point away from home, even if it was tenuous

tedious?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I agree with the "crap performace" brigade. If Wednesday had had a half decent striker we would have lost 6-0. the amount of chances they created but didn't convert was ridiculous. At one point before I lost count, the sky stats showed 18-6 shots on goal.

We were very very lucky to get a point tonight, and did not deserve it really. Hammond was a very lucky boy to stay on the pitch, and as much as I loved Charlie in league 2 & league 1, I do not think he is good enough at this level. He gave the ball away very cheaply for their goal, and had so little effect in midfield, he may as well not have been playing.

Saying all that, of course I am extremely happy with another away draw, and long may it continue. But please everyone, get real, we deserved sod all tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here