Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Wow. I feel so good right now. So proud of Potter and Brighton!

So, with the greatest respect to yourself and your opinions, will all other NSCers join me in pronouncing:

F*** off you stupid C**t Junior!
Yes his opinions are ****ing stupid, but is there really any need for that?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Could be the end for Potter how he hasn't been snatched from us is a mystery, if England could take penalties he would be nailed on for the next national boss:rolleyes:Bloody love the best football in the 50+years of watching the Albion, maybe the best we will ever play?

Spot on. For a club our size the next steps are almost too big to surmount. We have some wonderful young players on the way UP and a style of play that enables us to give the best teams in the world a proper game. On Redcafe (United forum) they have posters saying that Brighton are the best footballing side in the PL outside the established top 6. Yes, they’re talking about us.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I love the way Potter swings from being a millstone to a genius.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I disagree with Junior, but Potter does sometimes make odd decisions and his drought of victories was a worry.

Last night was amazing. Next week we could be awful.

He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very promising boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally I find Potterball a very emotional roller coaster. When we are not losing, I absolutely love it, but when go on these winless streaks, it is incredibly infuriating.

Same as under any other manager except the high and low emotions are massively heightened for me because on the face of it we seem such a good team who don't score enough goals and gift set piece goals to the opposition, and I still can't decide how much of that is on Potter.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Rubbish. You keep telling yourself that. We've been piss poor for months. He's clearly lost the players as none of them are interested in performing anymore.

Finally someone else who sees it.
Shame it's Junior. Oh well: beggars can't be choosers.

Wonder where these two are? Missing their sparkling insights into the Albion after the game last night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have just remembered that I have another gripe about Potter. Where the feck are the scruffy goals? I do not pay good money to see worldies, looped headers and last minute equalisers and not a single scruffy goal I can recall in months

Can one of you cultists remind me when the last one was?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Peak Potter last night. Outplayed Chelsea in every single department but conceded from a set piece where we somehow had Maupay on their biggest aerial threat (not for the first time either) and looked for a long time like we wouldn't quite get the reward we deserved.

Still, the table doesn't lie at this stage, we are we are on merit and that's all I was really asking for last season. He is very, very, very good at not losing. I'm quite giddy at the thought of what could happen if we ever work out how to break down a low block with the squad we have.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In his situation I would give way to more balanced 'senior' opinion ! :amex::amex::amex:

Is he Palace or what ??

No, he’s as Brighton as they come.
It’s funny how everyone recognises Crodo as a wind up merchant with his showbiz and royal posts, but junior gets so many bites with his threads.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I am genuinely curious, are there really Brighton fans who can't enjoy us doing well because then they have nothing to complain about? I mean if you are more concerned with being proven right about a manager or a player than with appreciating a great performance or celebrating a goal then what can you find to enjoy about supporting Brighton?

It isn't like we are just fluking all of these results, some of the best teams in the world with most of the best players in the world consider playing Brighton a real challenge. Whilst they may not fear us they certainly respect us more than they ever have before.

Obviously Potter still makes weird decisions and sometimes they don't work, obviously if we had better players we might be doing even better than we are, but when Chelsea fans are reduced to timewasting at home against little old us then surely it is time to break out an idiotic grin and just enjoy the moment?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and ask who they think could or should replace GP? That meaning who would be available right now.
Personally I don’t think it gets much better than it is, we’re exciting and equally frustrating to watch at times, but that’s what you want as a fan.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Was this thread subject pulled out from a Poundland Christmas cracker?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was this thread subject pulled out from a Poundland Christmas cracker?

Junior is an attention seeking WUM. Everyone should know that by now

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
The thing is, even as a big fan of Potter's coaching, I can kind of understand where Junior is coming from. It is frustrating and no win in so may games is a bit scandalous given the performances. How much of that is on Potter?
Last nights comments were interesting. To paraphrase, when asked about Welbeck, he mentioned the streak of not being able to turn performances into win, how Danny hadn't been around and how maybe that could have made a difference.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Without bothering to read through the thread, presumably with us 9th in the Premier League with a game in hand at the turn of the year, there aren’t actually any people whatsoever who genuinely think we should be sacking our manager?

I know football fans are generally idiots, but I don’t believe they’re as bad as that.

Oh, we are all idiots, but some are more idiotic than others.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Surely Graham Potter has taken us as far as he can.

11 without a win, soul destroying boring boring football, continued denial that we need a striker and utterly perplexing substitutions week in week out.

People bang on about where he's got us, potterball, suggesting I'm trolling etc. I'm not, I've been trying to get this across to you for 2 seasons now. If this is Potterball it's an actual pile of shit. Football is about winning and scoring goals and we do neither.

We are sinking like the titanic and Potter is out of his depth.

After last night, I particularly like this bit. A striker comes on as a substitute and scores!

Top bombing, Junior :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here