Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

Chopera

Apr 23, 2021
I hope the increase in longer passes was a deliberate tactic and something we'll see more of. We looked more of a threat last night than at any time in the last 10 games. That's how we should attack, not ponderous little passes that don't go anywhere.

Bobby Sanchez in goal deserves a big mention for a couple of brilliant saves as well, he's a class above.

Yes, I was wondering if the absence of Bissouma had anything to do with it? He's invaluable against the top teams, but against bottom half teams we don't transition to attack fast enough. Mwepu can seem like a loose cannon at times, but maybe we need that unpredictability he provides. He'll mess things up but then he'll provide a killer pass.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We’ve only been beaten 4 times in 17 games, fairly remarkable feat really.

We are a frustrating team and we will be until we build the players to match the ability of the coaching.

Neal Maupay sums up our team, he scores last minute goals and stunning efforts yet put it on a plate 5 yards out and he’ll find a way to miss.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I hope the increase in longer passes was a deliberate tactic and something we'll see more of. We looked more of a threat last night than at any time in the last 10 games. That's how we should attack, not ponderous little passes that don't go anywhere.

Bobby Sanchez in goal deserves a big mention for a couple of brilliant saves as well, he's a class above.

I’d be interested to see if stats bare that out. I thought we’ve been varying our tactics between long and short in a fair few games this season. I’d argue we had more clear cut chances in games against Leeds, Newcastle and Arsenal in terms of home matches, and at least matched what we had last night vs Wolves. Main difference is last night we finished and that changes everything in a game. People can then say we did this differently, that differently, and that maybe so but for me that continued a similar run of home performances in terms of first half dominance especially, and we happened to take two tough chances which we’ve missed far easier over the previous 11 games.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
According to Sky we have now won 12 games in 2021, so when we beat Chelsea we will equal our record in the top division of 13 in 1982.
Personally I think we can beat that in 2022

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As well as his saves, Big Bob hit one unbelievable pass to Cucu in the first half - a 70 yard curler, landed almost on Marc’s foot when he was running at pace.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As well as his saves, Big Bob hit one unbelievable pass to Cucu in the first half - a 70 yard curler, landed almost on Marc’s foot when he was running at pace.

He practices that flat-trajectory pass before the game. It's clearly one of our out balls now and has been all season. There was an article referring to this in The Athletic in Feb 21.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

He will get an assist one of these days.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Without bothering to read through the thread, presumably with us 9th in the Premier League with a game in hand at the turn of the year, there aren’t actually any people whatsoever who genuinely think we should be sacking our manager?

I know football fans are generally idiots, but I don’t believe they’re as bad as that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That has to be the end of Junior?

Nah.

Bipolar and Hove Albion have plenty of time to turn brass into muck, then, inexplicably, create gold from the muck.

This fudging team are an enigma wrapped up in a riddle.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is it possible that Potter sits somewhere between 'useless and in need of the sack' and 'the second coming of Alex Ferguson'?

Great performance this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here