Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Chant From Chesterfield

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Good point well made, Mr Danny Seagull.

It's not WHO makes a particular suggestion, it's your standing in the eyes of the other fans that dictates whether or not it is acted upon.

So Krispies is at the top of that particular tree and Adie is near the bottom. :nono:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Downloaded Penguin said:
Good point well made, Mr Danny Seagull.

It's not WHO makes a particular suggestion, it's your standing in the eyes of the other fans that dictates whether or not it is acted upon.

So Krispies is at the top of that particular tree and Adie is near the bottom. :nono:

But Krispies was not at Chesterfield and it was not Timmmmy's song that was sung at Chesterfield.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
So Adrie suggested this MONTHS ago and everyone poo-pooed it, now cos Krispies sings it it's the best thing since sliced bread?

:shrug:

He did?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dandyman said:
Otherwise known as the Battle Hymn of the Republic. It sounded brilliant.

The Battle Hymn of the Republic is actually the tune for the words "My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord, he plays for Bright'n'ove Albion and his name is Peter Ward".

Dandyman

In London village.
Titanic said:
The Battle Hymn of the Republic is actually the tune for the words "My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord, he plays for Bright'n'ove Albion and his name is Peter Ward".

Tis true.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Gully said:
How about trying to change the words to suit ourselves, something like:

When Brighton come marching home again,
hurrah, hurrah,
we'll cheer them at Falmer stadium then,
hurrah, hurrah,
the east will cheer and the west will shout
with sussex pride our hearts sing out,
and we'll all feel xxxxx
when Brighton come marching home.

I am struggling with the bit where the the x's are, could leave the word gay in as a sort of tongue in cheek gesture, but I did manage to get the word pride in.

XXXX= Wendy?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
So Adrie suggested this MONTHS ago and everyone poo-pooed it, now cos Krispies sings it it's the best thing since sliced bread?

:shrug:

to be fair, Adrie's attempt had SHIT lyrics:lolol:

Oct 25, 2003
when frutos goes marching down the wing
carole, carole
carole! carole!
the north stand will f***ing sing

TUNE!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Bevendean, don't think Wendy would be appropriate, I am still racking my brains...but the more I think of it the more the word "gay" should remain from the original version.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Gully, If anyone reads your latest post out of context they will wonder what the hell this is about:lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair point, and there was me just trying to come up with something that was inventive, rousing and appropriate!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here