Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Chant From Chesterfield

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Quite a hit in the sixties, I sang that at the Goldstone.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
John Boy said:
It's not rubbish

Ok, rubbish is a tad over the top.

But it gets boring when it's done every two minutes i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdLwC-vekGY

Not really sure why i'm arguing about it though:lolol:

But yes - a chorus of AlbionAlbionAlbion (Engerland) is much better i think, as well as all the other 'big' songs:)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Number one is..............

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Was gonna record it on my phone but the battery died :lolol:

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah Brighton & Hove Albion

:clap2:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Re: Re: Re: That Chant From Chesterfield

seagullsovergrimsby said:
The chant was started by the "left side" before the "right side" joined in. More people participated as all you had to do was hum or la la and add Brighton & Hove Albion at the end , sounded better with the clapping as well. Heard a rendition of Tiptoe through the North Stand which my son said "I dont know the words to that one" which made me laugh.

Well I don't know the words :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Most successful football songs are popular because of their simplicity (especially in places with low IQ populations, like Portsmouth). Few songs that have complicated lyrics become popular, and those that do tend to be club specific, eg

-Sussex By The Sea,
-Delilah,
-On The Ball City,
-Keep Right On To The End Of The Road
etc.

The most used football chants for years have been variations on repetitive songs like Go West by the Pet Shop Boys, aka "You're Shit And You Know You Are", or Tom Hark, aka the tiresome "Premiership, You're Having A Laugh". A few years back it was (I think) versions of Stars & Stripes Forever.

That Chesterfield effort sounds all the better for having no particular lyrics, plus we have the added bonus that most clubs have far too few syllables in their name to hijack it, should it catch on.

Who cares what it is, if it got 500 people singing for ages at a time?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Liverpool have the best songs, using a wide range of sources, with clever and funny lyrics.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
jonny.rainbow said:
Liverpool have the best songs, using a wide range of sources, with clever and funny lyrics.

Is that a joke? ???

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
So Adrie suggested this MONTHS ago and everyone poo-pooed it, now cos Krispies sings it it's the best thing since sliced bread?

:shrug:

krispies didnt sing this, he wasnt even there, he tried singing it at withdean, and he was singing it with one or two others at most

this had no words and took off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here