Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Chant From Chesterfield

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
mendoza10 said:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Absolutley amazing, sung non stop over and over again for 10 minutes at a time. It got all 500 singing like we have never sung before. It will never be sung like that at withdean unfortunatley

but singing like that is what being a fan is all about, get behind the team by creating a racket

also good to sing some of the old goldstone north stand songs again

well done to all that sung their hearts out

if anyone had doubts about following the club, yesterday would have returned your faith

:clap:

here here!

The atmosphere was great yesterday and this song (although not to everyone’s taste!) certainly helped.

Anyone know why this particular chant was sung, it would be good if it hasn't come from the TV (i.e. soccer am) and we are the only ones who sing it, to other teams amusement / annoyance! Although it might not be to ones taste, at least its original (I hope (to the extent that I’ve never heard another teams fans singing it)) and not just a song/chant that everyone copies, a la “easy easy”.

Standing at Chesterfield station getting the train north to Manchester it was still being sung on the opposite side of the platform at 6.30.

Marvellous scenes!

:drink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good song and really great atmospere as well - good day all round

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Gully said:
How about trying to change the words to suit ourselves, something like:

When Brighton come marching home again,
hurrah, hurrah,
we'll cheer them at Falmer stadium then,
hurrah, hurrah,
the east will cheer and the west will shout
with sussex pride our hearts sing out,
and we'll all feel xxxxx
when Brighton come marching home.

I am struggling with the bit where the the x's are, could leave the word gay in as a sort of tongue in cheek gesture, but I did manage to get the word pride in.

its all well and good changing the words,

but the only reason it took off and was sung by everyone was that there were no words and it was easy to sing

if we put words to it, no one will really know them and less people would sing it, meaning less noise, meaning less of wilkins telling us we are fantastico

Dandyman

In London village.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Re: Re: That Chant From Chesterfield

tomysupercup said:
here here!

The atmosphere was great yesterday and this song (although not to everyone’s taste!) certainly helped.

Anyone know why this particular chant was sung, it would be good if it hasn't come from the TV (i.e. soccer am) and we are the only ones who sing it, to other teams amusement / annoyance! Although it might not be to ones taste, at least its original (I hope (to the extent that I’ve never heard another teams fans singing it)) and not just a song/chant that everyone copies, a la “easy easy”.

Standing at Chesterfield station getting the train north to Manchester it was still being sung on the opposite side of the platform at 6.30.

Marvellous scenes!

:drink:
The chant was started by the "left side" before the "right side" joined in. More people participated as all you had to do was hum or la la and add Brighton & Hove Albion at the end , sounded better with the clapping as well. Heard a rendition of Tiptoe through the North Stand which my son said "I dont know the words to that one" which made me laugh.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So we've ruined an already existing classic, "Frutos running down the wing, Carole, Carole"....
;)

butchy said:
wernt the original lyrics:

'the palace came in one by one,
and one by one they all got done,
tra la laaa laaa laaa laaa'

THAT is class!:clap:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Brighton and Hove Albion
laaaa laaaa
laaaa laaaa
Brighton and Hove Albion
laaaa laaaa
laaaa laaaa

was far superior to the usual "albion, albion etc"

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Whats the song that goes..

La La La La, La La La La, Wheeeeey Ayyyyye, Brighton Hove Albion

(on repeat).

Remember everyone singing it at west ham in the league game there. And this one sounds similar but too a different a tune.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
turienzo's lovechild said:
isn't it a GARY GLITTER song originally?:ohmy:

Erm...no.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Alllllllllbion is RUBBISH.

Yet for some reason, it's by far our loudest song, which EVERYONE joins in with. And everyone says they hate it...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think everyone joins in with Allllllllllllllbion because everyone knows the words and if you dont know them there pretty easy to pick up for the second verse.

Same as seagulls, seagulls, seagulls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here