Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assume we must be waiting for White money before getting striker and left back now suppose we will have to also consider right back

On what basis are you making that assumption?

It can't be the fact TB paid for multiple deals during DK's rein.
Buying a double digit amount of million pound + players since taking over.
Or spending £100m+ on the stadium.
£20m+ on Lancing.
Covering a couple of hundred million in overall debt.

Yet now you assume the club are sitting on the hands waiting for money from Arsenal in order to do business.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
IIRC wasn't there a week where we were only 2 points up on Fulham and had played 1 game more? That'll have been when Fulham were on their winning streak, which promptly snapped and they didn't get the points to jump us when they played the game in hand.

No. Apart during the early part of the season, the closest Fulham got to us was within 3 points after we’d lost 0-1 at West Brom and they drew at Palace. This was after both having played 28 games with us on 26 and them on 23. Both teams lost their next fixture but then we beat Southampton and Newcastle in succession and that was us safe.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No. Apart during the early part of the season, the closest Fulham got to us was within 3 points after we’d lost 0-1 at West Brom and they drew at Palace. This was after both having played 28 games with us on 26 and them on 23. Both teams lost their next fixture but then we beat Southampton and Newcastle in succession and that was us safe.

That simply isn't true. On the weekend of March 6/7, we lost 2-1 at home to Leicester City on the Saturday (which was our 27th game of the PL season). The following day Fulham beat Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield. That moved the Cottagers level on points with us, albeit they had played one more match (28).

Fulham.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That simply isn't true. On the weekend of March 6/7, we lost 2-1 at home to Leicester City on the Saturday (which was our 27th game of the PL season). The following day Fulham beat Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield. That moved the Cottagers level on points with us, albeit they had played one more match (28).

View attachment 138960

Amazing to think that from that point, Fulham only added 2 more points, and we added 15.

Screenshot_20210725_090352_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

View attachment 138960

Fair enough. I’d forgotten that Fulham had played and won their 28th game a few days before us.

Doesn’t change my original point form several days ago though: we weren’t close to be relegated last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough. I’d forgotten that Fulham had played and won their 28th game a few days before us.

Doesn’t change my original point form several days ago though: we weren’t close to be relegated last season.

In much the same way we were never close to 15th.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Back to Tariq, I wonder whether we’ll be targeting him for a return post the first International break which is after only three league games. May be the same for players like McAllister after returning from the Olympics.
I think what we have learnt from our experience with Tariq is that it’s likely he will need rest periods during the season to ensure that his body recovers properly especially due to the battering he gets from the constant fouls he’s on the end of. Makes sense to get the lad in from Chelsea and integrate him into the team to share the workload.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Back to Tariq, I wonder whether we’ll be targeting him for a return post the first International break which is after only three league games. May be the same for players like McAllister after returning from the Olympics.
I think what we have learnt from our experience with Tariq is that it’s likely he will need rest periods during the season to ensure that his body recovers properly especially due to the battering he gets from the constant fouls he’s on the end of. Makes sense to get the lad in from Chelsea and integrate him into the team to share the workload.

Any idea what has happened to Michal Karbownik?

We brought him back from his loan in January and he seems to be a U23 player and no more.
I would have thought he would have played in a half yesterday.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This August, the right side of our defensive line-up is going to look and bit different to the beginning of last season with White and Lamptey not playing.

Veltman, Webster, Gross, Alzate and, hopefully, Livramento vying it out for two positions. Everyone seems to be operating on the basis that we'll be playing a back three/five. We played a back four in the first half yesterday and, to me, it looked as though we did for at least some of the second too. If there's one thing we ought to have learned about Potter is that he's not rigid in his use of formations and personnel.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just hope Tariq doesn't become the new Izzy.

It's slight concern. Did Chelsea have a question mark about his injury fragility over the course of a premier season? Or was it simply they are so obsessed with big foreign signings and failed to see that he could be a real asset to them?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It's slight concern. Did Chelsea have a question mark about his injury fragility over the course of a premier season? Or was it simply they are so obsessed with big foreign signings and failed to see that he could be a real asset to them?

No none of that, they just had Reece James and Azpiliceta ahead of him and he wanted to play. They didn’t want to lose him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
On Connolly's insta story today in training gear.....

Back in training ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
On Connolly's insta story today in training gear.....

Back in training ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Would be fantastic news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Not sure they ever said he wasn't training, just that his recovery was taking longer than expected and they were being careful to see how he/his body responded? Still doesn't necessarily mean he has a chance of making pre-season matches or start of the season

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Lamptey tearing down the right wing, Cucurella down the left with Mwepu and Bissouma dominating the midfield.

I can't wait.

Just a shame we won't have anyone to put the ball in the net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here