Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport season ticket update

The playing budget is completely up to Tony Bloom surely and how much more he wants to top up the loan.
Again ... most of this should come from income. The football authorities are struggling with the mechanisms of course. But a sustainable future for the football industry depends on clubs living within their income. I don't want to see football - at any level - being a competition that is decided by the size of the stash that club owners keep hidden under the floorboards.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had heard last night that a few 1901s have already returned their tickets as they were not clear it was £1K plus a monthly payment

I had heard last night that a few 1901s have already returned their tickets as they were not clear it was £1K plus a monthly payment
Don't people READ the conditions? 1901 Club membership is just a PSL with perks, like access to an expensive restaurant and use of the Sussex University car parks.

I expect some people will be horrified when they discover that they will have to pay for their meals.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away

So they thought they would pay a grand and that was enough for them to attend every match for the next 50+ years!!! Therefore a season ticket in the best seats was 20 quid a year. I don't think this is really likely is it?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Rough average price £400 (taking into account lots being cheaper for kiddies and oldies and lots more expensive for 1901s). 15000 x 400 = £6,000,000

At a guess 75% would go for the DD option, maybe more, so £500k now and £500k a month from 1/4 onwards

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rough average price £400 (taking into account lots being cheaper for kiddies and oldies and lots more expensive for 1901s). 15000 x 400 = £6,000,000

And, as you say, this is just STs. We can add away fans and casual support to this figure.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
We don't know the terms of the loan. But what MUST be the case is that Tony Bloom has a sensible business plan that looks after both the football club's interests and his own.

The idea that NOTHING needs to be paid back for 25 years is absurd. There will be fixtures and fittings at the stadium that will need replacing long before 25 years is up. Tony Bloom's money has paid for the seats, for example. It would be ridiculous for the Club's income not to be used to pay for the first set of seats until 10 years after they have been thrown away.

There will be sensible scheduling of the debt repayments and some of the season ticket revenue will go into that pot. There'll be a playing budget as well, of course. But anybody who thinks that TB isn't expecting a penny to be repaid until 25 years are up is putting their faith in a financial model that will guarantee a major crisis long before that.

Early on in the planning process, the idea that a proportion of the costs of the stadium would be funded by the "securitisation" of season ticket revenue was central to the financial plans. It's a potentially expensive way of going about things, if finance costs are high. But if TB's money is interest-free, it makes sense for some - possibly most - of the construction costs to be covered by this source of income.

I dont actually know where i got the idea of 25 yrs from just for some reason seemed to be the figure in my head. As for the repaying I was talking about the immediate future concerning the playing side of the team and the investment needed to support that, not how we would repay it and of course im sure a % of income from each game will go into the pot to repay uncle Tony.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well that would have been a blinding deal wouldnt it ?

:shootself

I know but I think some people were clearly not clued up on what they were purchasing.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
We're at the presentation this coming Wednesday. Can anyone who has been recently comment on what are the chances of getting 3 together in WSU band A at the sides?

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
We're at the presentation this coming Wednesday. Can anyone who has been recently comment on what are the chances of getting 3 together in WSU band A at the sides?

I went on Thursday and we got 4 together in WSU band A, but there were very few left. Think it will be touch and go as to whether there will be any left by Wednesday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Plus cup games if we get any home draws (although 1901's are exempt from paying for home cup games) plus we have to give 50% to the away team!

I think the figure is about 45% , we keep 45% and the FA gets 10% after expenses are taken off.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know but I think some people were clearly not clued up on what they were purchasing.

Dunno how true that is - and if it is true it's surely only a couple of people. I went to a 1901 presentation and it was very, very clear that it was a 1k down payment plus about £70 a month or whatever it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here